MXAO Flickering in Dark Souls 3

• Viper_Joe
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by Viper_Joe MXAO Flickering in Dark Souls 3 was created by Viper_Joe
I'm having an issue with MXAO in Dark Souls 3 using Reshade 3.0.3 -- it intermittently turns on and off by itself. Sometimes it will remain stable for quite a while and then all of a sudden it will randomly begin to flicker for no apparent reason. I have tried both disabling the in-game AA and enabling the logarithmic and reverse depth settings in the preprocessor definitions, but neither seemed to alleviate the issue (reversed depth just makes everything look messed up).

Thoughts? I don't see any notes for Dark Souls 3 in the "Games"/compatibility section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MXAO Flickering in Dark Souls 3
Is dark souls an online game ? Because if yes, that's ReShade disabling the depth buffer.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic MXAO Flickering in Dark Souls 3
Partially, every now and again you'll encounter "ghosts" of other players which I assume is retrieved online and of course getting invaded or invading other players would also lead to network activity especially in more active areas for dueling or where certain factions are active.

You can set the game to offline mode but if you like the player interactivity element of the game that would obviously not be ideal although it would solve ReShade turning off the depth buffer which is done as a form of protection against exploiting certain effects that would otherwise be possible, from how I understood it at least.
(Also avoids having ReShade banned by various anti-cheat software which I think so far it's mostly whitelisted although it takes a while for newly released versions to be updated and approved.)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by JBeckman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.