[SOLVED] Porting ENB HLSL To ReShade - Unhelpful Log

• MajinCry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by MajinCry Porting ENB HLSL To ReShade - Unhelpful Log was created by MajinCry
'Ullo lads, in a wee bit of a bind 'ere, as I'm cleaning up and porting the shader code for Skyrim's NLA ENB, to ReShade for use in the ol' Elder Scrolls Online.

So far, I think I've made a good job of the horrid formatting, and got the UI vars down, but ReShade throws up right at the beginning of the pixel shader, where I define the pass name.

15/11/2016 19:43:33:860 [04408] | INFO | Loading image files for textures ...
15/11/2016 19:44:29:224 [04408] | INFO | Compiling 'R:\Reshade_Effects\FyTyPostProcessing.fx' ...
15/11/2016 19:44:29:237 [04408] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'R:\Reshade_Effects\FyTyPostProcessing.fx':
R:\Games\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\Shader@0x00000000530B62E0(66,8): error X3507: 'F__PostProcessingPass': Not all control paths return a value
R:\Reshade_Effects\FyTyPostProcessing.fx(147, 8): error: internal shader compilation failed

What I've done so far, as far as installing files go:

Downloaded Reshade 3.05
Let it punt the DXGI wrapper into the ESO install directory
Point the .ini to use shader and texture folders in the root path; R:\Reshade_Shaders, R:\Reshade_Textures
Copied Crosire's ReShade.fx into the ReShade_Shaders folder
Created FyTyPostProcessing.fx in the ReShade_Shaders folder
Copy-pasted parts of the HLSL code, tidying and porting the code 'n' variables

So aye, not sure why it's not happy, when I nabbed that pass data straight from Crosfire. Namely, from the CA.fx shader: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/Shaders/CA.fx

Current code: pastebin.com/QsJQh2ZN

So aye. Any idea why it's throwing that error?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Porting ENB HLSL To ReShade - Unhelpful Log
You need to return from the function at some point, since it's declared to return a float3 value. Add the following to the bottom of the "PostProcessingPass" function:
return f3Color;
The following user(s) said Thank You: MajinCry

• MajinCry
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by MajinCry Replied by MajinCry on topic Porting ENB HLSL To ReShade - Unhelpful Log
Adding that caused ESO to crash upon launch. 'Tis the same crash that occurs when I let the program auto-install the shaders from Github. Soon as the window appears, get a big ol' game window with blackness inside it, and get asked by the program to submit a crash report to Zenimax.

DXGI.log - pastebin.com/p56LQ5yH

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and an AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB with the AMD Crimson 16.9.2 driver.

Edit: Turns out that it was RadeonPro causing ReShade to crash. Ergh.

As a wee aside, 'afore I start digging, there is an fps limiter in ReShade, aye?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by MajinCry.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Porting ENB HLSL To ReShade - Unhelpful Log

MajinCry wrote: As a wee aside, 'afore I start digging, there is an fps limiter in ReShade, aye?

No.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.