a problem that might be breaking reshade for some

• PlasticTurd
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by PlasticTurd a problem that might be breaking reshade for some was created by PlasticTurd
so I've been trying to get an ENB + ReShade combo for skyrim SE to work, it's on the nexus as NVIDIA ENB.

the ENB works, but reshade throws up 2 preproccesor errors:

1) Application profile not found

2) Preset not found

I found this odd, since my files were installed correctly. so I poked around the CFGs to look for the problem, and... oh. oh dear.

somehow, all the code was crammed into the same line.

here is a screenshot of MartyMcFly's CFG, showing the problem:

imgur.com/RDAwZDV :sick:

this is notepad, yes. it's just a define directive over and over again, I don't exactly need Visual Studio.

here is what it's meant to look like, for those who don't code - this is the result after manually fixing Ganossa's CFG:

imgur.com/Dgj2rbi

now i'd assume no one in either the reshade team, or the NVIDIA ENB team, is inept enough for this to be their fault. this must have been some bizarre glitch caused by WinRAR or something. I just thought I'd share this here as a possible cause for some people's problems, and so that perhaps someone smarter than I can find out what breaks the files and prevent it from happening in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ederer
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic a problem that might be breaking reshade for some
I noticed that too... Some files look still normal, though :dry:

I downloaded the free "Notepad++" (the zip package) and opened the files there - no problems!

Maybe there is (now) some info inside the reshade files that the normal Notepad can't read...?

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic a problem that might be breaking reshade for some
Windows line endings vs Unix line endings. Windows Notepad cannot display the latter (you are better of not using that dinosaur anyway), Visual Studio and Notepad++ can, that's why you can view the file there just fine. It's nothing to worry about, ReShade works with both.
Those errors have nothing to do with that. Also, use ReShade 3.0 and you won't have to worry about any of this at all.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ederer

• Ederer
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by Ederer Replied by Ederer on topic a problem that might be breaking reshade for some
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I for myself use 3.0 and don't have any errors, but I was just curious, because all files from Reshade 1 and Reshade 2 have the windows line endings then and work with the old Notepad, while some of the 3.0 files have the linux line endings...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.