Trouble with UI mask in ReShade 3.0.6

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Nekres Trouble with UI mask in ReShade 3.0.6 was created by Nekres
Hey, I have trouble setting up my UI mask in the recent version of ReShade.

In the past, I have set up my uimask.png with a white background (area affected by shaders) and black foreground (area not affected by shaders)

However, in the recent version I have an issue causing the non affected black area to appear as it is on the image. After initial start up it works just as expected, but whenever I reload my reshade effects (and after each loading screen of the game it reloads all the shader effects automatically) the UI mask shows the black area and covers the game's UI, instead of making the black area fully transparent.

I really need some guidance on the new UI masking. What's up with the Bottom and Top options?
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Nekres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Trouble with UI mask in ReShade 3.0.6
bump. I really need help. This is how my UIMask.png always starts to show as off reshade 3.0.x

It was working with reshade 2.x

[IMG

If you are not familiar with this game, you can guess that the black bar below is where the MMO skill bar is being covered by the black area of the UI mask.

Sometimes the black area also bugs out and just shows some infinite mirroring of screen pixels.
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Nekres.

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Trouble with UI mask in ReShade 3.0.6
As stated in the commentary of uimask.fx I have tried copying the main UI mask into the red channel of the png image. Same results. The ui mask fx just doesn't work for me anymore.

• crosire
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Trouble with UI mask in ReShade 3.0.6
You may want to read the readme: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/300...emade-uimask-for-3-0
Place the top technique at the top of your technique list and the bottom one at the bottom. It won't work otherwise.

• Nekres
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Nekres Replied by Nekres on topic Trouble with UI mask in ReShade 3.0.6
Thanks. I actually read that topic, but I did not find the new pipeline settings of 3.0. Dumb me. He meant the 'techniques=" argument line in the preset *.ini file. I took a guess and was right. Woops.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.