[SOLVED] Google Earth - Problem with the ambient occlusion

• TheSigui
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by TheSigui Google Earth - Problem with the ambient occlusion was created by TheSigui
Hi,
I've tried reshade on pretty much everything i have, and it always brings a significant improvement. Thanks for making even 1998 games look good. :)

Now, i've installed ReShade 2.0 on Google Earth Pro 2015 (The menu of 3.0 was simply impossible to use with it). So far, it improved by far the graphical realism :
i.imgur.com/bFPXETH.jpg

I'm trying many different settings to fit the best with my tastes for Google Earth, and the last one i tried was Martymcfly's ambient occlusion. However, when i activate it, something... interesting happens :
i.imgur.com/6fNuL8R.jpg
i.imgur.com/NaPYQSV.jpg

The effect seems to be vertically flipped. Is there any way to correct this ? Maybe change a line in the configuration file ? Or is more complex than that ?

Thanks,
Sigui

Here's how my ambient occlusion looks like in the config file :
////--------------------//
///**AMBIENTOCCLUSION**///
//--------------------////
#define USE_AMBIENTOCCLUSION 1 //[SSAO] //-Ambient Occlusion: Enables physically 

incorrect shading that most newer gen games use. Multiple algorithms available.

//>Global Parameters<\\
#define AO_METHOD 2 //[1:6] //-No description given
#define AO_TEXSCALE 1.00 //[0.25:1.00] //-Scale of AO resolution, 1.0 means 

fullscreen. Lower resolution means less pixels to process and more performance but 

also less quality.
#define AO_SHARPNESS 0.70 //[0.05:2.00] //-No description given
#define AO_SHARPNESS_DETECT 2 //[1:2] //-AO must not blur over object edges. 1 : 

edge detection by depth (old) 2 : edge detection by normal (new). 2 is better but 

produces some black outlines.
#define AO_BLUR_STEPS 11 //[5:15] //-Offset count for AO smoothening. Higher means 

more smooth AO but also blurrier AO.
#define AO_DEBUG 0 //[0:2] //-No description given
#define AO_LUMINANCE_CONSIDERATION 1 //[0:1] //-No description given
#define AO_LUMINANCE_LOWER 0.3 //[0.0:1.0] //-No description given
#define AO_LUMINANCE_UPPER 0.6 //[0.0:1.0] //-No description given
#define AO_FADE_START 0.40 //[0.00:1.00] //-Distance from camera where AO starts to 

fade out. 0.0 means camera itself, 1.0 means infinite distance.
#define AO_FADE_END 0.60 //[0.00:1.00] //-Distance from camera where AO fades out 

completely. 0.0 means camera itself, 1.0 means infinite distance.
#define AO_ToggleKey RESHADE_TOGGLE_KEY //[undef] //-

//>SSAO Settings<\\
#define iSSAOSamples 16 //[16:128] //-Amount of samples. Don't set too high or 

shader compilation time goes through the roof.
#define fSSAOSamplingRange 50.0 //[10.0:50.0] //-SSAO sampling range. High range 

values might need more samples so raise both.
#define fSSAODarkeningAmount 1.5 //[0.0:5.0] //-Amount of SSAO corner darkening
#define fSSAOBrighteningAmount 1.0 //[0.0:5.0] //-Amount of SSAO edge brightening

//>Raymarch AO Settings<\\
#define iRayAOSamples 24 //[10:78] //-Amount of sample "rays" Higher means more 

accurate AO but also less performance.
#define fRayAOSamplingRange 0.0005 //[0.0001:0.0200] //-Range of AO sampling. 

Higher values ignore small geometry details and shadow more globally.
#define fRayAOMaxDepth 0.02 //[0.01:0.20] //-factor to avoid far objects to occlude 

close objects just because they are besides each other on screen.
#define fRayAOMinDepth 0.00003 //[0.00000:0.00100] //-Minimum depth difference 

cutoff to prevent (almost) flat surfaces to occlude themselves.
#define fRayAOPower 2.0 //[0.2:5.0] //-Amount of darkening.

//>HBAO Settings<\\
#define iHBAOSamples 9 //[7:36] //-Amount of samples. Higher means more accurate AO 

but also less performance.
#define fHBAOSamplingRange 2.6 //[0.5:5.0] //-Range of HBAO sampling. Higher values 

ignore small geometry details and shadow more globally.
#define fHBAOAmount 3.0 //[1.0:10.0] //-Amount of HBAO shadowing.
#define fHBAOClamp 0.1 //[0.0:1.0] //-Clamps HBAO power. 0.0 means full power, 1.0 

means no HBAO.
#define fHBAOAttenuation 0.020 //[0.001:0.200] //-Affects the HBAO range, prevents 

shadowing of very far objects which are close in screen space.

//>SSGI Settings<\\
#define iSSGISamples 9 //[5:24] //-Amount of SSGI sampling iterations, higher means 

better GI but less performance.
#define fSSGISamplingRange 0.4 //[0.0:80.0] //-Radius of SSGI sampling.
#define fSSGIIlluminationMult 4.5 //[1.0:8.0] //-Multiplier of SSGI illumination 

(color bouncing/reflection).
#define fSSGIOcclusionMult 0.8 //[0.0:10.0] //-Multiplier of SSGI occlusion.
#define fSSGIModelThickness 10.0 //[0.5:100.0] //-Amount of unit spaces the 

algorithm assumes the model's thickness. Lower if scene only contains small 

objects.
#define fSSGISaturation 1.8 //[0.2:2.0] //-Saturation of bounced/reflected colors.

//>RAYMARCH HBAO Settings<\\
#define iRayHBAO_StepCount 9 //[5:32] //-Amount of steps to march per direction to 

check for occluders.
#define iRayHBAO_StepDirections 10 //[5:25] //-Amount of rays / directions to march 

to check for occluders.
#define fRayHBAO_SampleRadius 0.005 //[0.001:0.010] //-Range of AO sampling. Higher 

values ignore small geometry details and shadow more globally.
#define fRayHBAO_Attenuation 2.0 //[0.4:5.0] //-Sampling attenuation. Used for 

ignoring objects that are close onscreen but actually far away (i.e. sky and 

player).
#define fRayHBAO_AngleBiasTan 0.0 //[0.0:1.0] //-Angle bias in tangent space. Used 

for ignoring occluders that don't have a big angle difference to the source, i.e. 

flat surfaces that may shadoe themselves.

//>SAO Settings<\\
#define fSAOIntensity 6.0 //[1.0:10.0] //-Linearly multiplies AO intensity. 
#define fSAOClamp 2.5 //[1.0:10.0] //-Higher values shift AO more into black. 

Useful for light gray AO caused by high SAO radius.
#define fSAORadius 2.3 //[1.0:10.0] //-SAO sampling radius. Higher values also 

lower AO intensity extremely because of Alchemy's extremely retarded falloff 

formula.
#define fSAOBias 0.200 //[0.001:0.500] //-Minimal surface angle for AO 

consideration. Useful to prevent self-occlusion of flat surfaces caused by floating 

point inaccuracies.
#define iSAOSamples 18 //[10:96] //-Amount of SAO Samples. Maximum of 96 is defined 

by formula.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Google Earth - Problem with the ambient occlusion
In ReShade 3.0 set "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN" to "1" in the preprocessor defines section on the settings tab. As for ReShade 2.0 I have no idea anymore.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheSigui

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Google Earth - Problem with the ambient occlusion

TheSigui wrote: Now, i've installed ReShade 2.0 on Google Earth Pro 2015...

.......why....
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• TheSigui
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by TheSigui Replied by TheSigui on topic Google Earth - Problem with the ambient occlusion
I like fancy post-processing, even on Google Earth, lol.
As i said, "The menu of 3.0 was simply impossible to use with it". The mouse cursor would always disappear (and turn into a grabbing hand) and it would be impossible to click on something more than one time.
Also, i'm not experienced at all with Reshade ; i discovered it very recently and i'm trying stuff. Maybe the issue with Reshade 3.0 can be overcome though.
Cheers.

• TheSigui
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #5 by TheSigui Replied by TheSigui on topic Google Earth - Problem with the ambient occlusion
Update :
My problem is solved. I just opened GLOBAL.cfg in Reshade/Profiles/Default and found the line you told me.
Thank you, Crosire :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.