Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) Xbox 360 Shaders

• Laymer
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by Laymer Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) Xbox 360 Shaders was created by Laymer
Hello, I have a problem with ReShade for NFS Most Wanted (2005). Me and my friend osdever, which isn't on that forum, are trying to port shaders from the Xbox 360 version of the game which has way better graphics, textures, basically everything. We took them from the leaked build which had unpacked effects. They are very similar in structure to shaders for ReShade. To begin we tried to launch one effect (it needs an additional header, global.h) - visualtreatment.fx. We corrected various errors and now, when it runs, we get an compilation error without any error messages. We don't know what to do, and therefore we ask for your help.

We've attached everything you need like edited and unedited effects to the post. Please help.

Link
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Laymer. Reason: bad english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Exilium
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) Xbox 360 Shaders
Talk with 379Felipe, maybe he can help him and you. And put the shader code here with the log.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Exilium.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) Xbox 360 Shaders
ReShade is for post-processing and post-processing only. I hope you know what shaders are and what they do and how post-processing operates differently from lets say a material shader. Anyway, ReShade works with shaders written in ReShade FX only. No HLSL, no GLSL, no CG. ReShade FX. Need for Speed has shaders written in HLSL. You would need to translate your post-processing shaders to ReShade FX or else it doesn't know what to do with them. Here's the reference document of the language: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/REFERENCE.md

Example HLSL:
sampler	DIFFUSEMAP_SAMPLER = sampler_state
{
	AddressU = CLAMP;
	AddressV = CLAMP;
	MIPFILTER = NONE;
	MINFILTER = LINEAR;
	MAGFILTER = LINEAR;
};
Equivalent ReShade FX:
sampler	DIFFUSEMAP_SAMPLER
{
	Texture = SomeTextureDefinition; // << Variable name of a previously declared texture
	AddressU = Clamp;
	AddressV = Clamp;
	MipFilter = Point;
	MinFilter = Linear;
	MagFilter = Linear;
};

There are quite a lot of samplers in that code which need a texture to sample from. Do you have the relevant image data? Without it you can't get anything to work here. Also, that vertex shader there won't work with ReShade either. ReShade renders three vertices (one single triangle), and does NOT move any data into the vertex shader. The NFS one (vertex_shader_passthru) expects quite a lot of input data, which doesn't exist in ReShade. It's also not specified how many vertices NFS would input there at all, but I highly doubt it's just three.

TL:DR: You can't just throw random shader code at ReShade and expect something to happen.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.