Reduce SMAA Effect on Text

• BatJoe
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by BatJoe Reduce SMAA Effect on Text was created by BatJoe
Hello,

I am using the latest 15 version to use only SMAA on certain games and while it is great I have noticed that text becomes somewhat distorted. Are there any particular settings that improve this? I am just using the default SMAA settings in the SweeFX config.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by BatJoe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ninjafada
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by ninjafada Replied by ninjafada on topic Reduce SMAA Effect on Text
i had a old version using Boulotaur2024 Injector almost not changing the text but the lastest version make it ugly
can't put SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING to 0 i have an error have to put 1+

• JPulowski
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Reduce SMAA Effect on Text
You might try setting SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING to 0.
Also if the game has depth buffer output, you might change SMAA_EDGE_DETECTION to 3 to use only depth edge detection. Depth buffer is pretty clear so you might lower SMAA_THRESHOLD to very low values such as 0.001.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.