Problems with MXAO in GTA SA

• @rnkrnt
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by @rnkrnt Problems with MXAO in GTA SA was created by @rnkrnt
Hello everyone.
I have a problem with the incorrect work of MXAO.fx in GTA San Andreas (see the picture).
Warning: Spoiler!

MXAO is not correctly displayed only in gta sa, with the rest of the games there are no problems.
Help to solve the problem pls.
Sorry for my bad English.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Problems with MXAO in GTA SA
Huh, that's odd. Even more odd, considering that I develop my shaders on GTASA. What config do you use?
The following user(s) said Thank You: @rnkrnt

• @rnkrnt
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by @rnkrnt Replied by @rnkrnt on topic Problems with MXAO in GTA SA
I hope I understood you correctly.

Reshade 3.0.8
[MXAO.fx]
bMXAODebugViewEnable=0.000000
bMXAOSmoothNormalsEnable=0.000000
fMXAOAmbientOcclusionAmount=3.000000
fMXAONormalBias=0.000000
iMXAOBayerDitherLevel=3.000000
fMXAOIndirectLightingAmount=0.000000
iMXAOSampleCount=24.000000
fMXAOIndirectLightingSaturation=0.000000
fMXAOSampleRadius=2.000000
fMXAOBlurSharpness=2.000000
fMXAOBlurSteps=2.000000
fMXAOFadeoutStart=0.200000
fMXAOFadeoutEnd=0.400000

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Problems with MXAO in GTA SA
Weird. Your AO Amount is a bit high but that should not cause this problem. How does the AO look with debug mode enabled?
The following user(s) said Thank You: @rnkrnt

• @rnkrnt
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #5 by @rnkrnt Replied by @rnkrnt on topic Problems with MXAO in GTA SA
With debug mode
Warning: Spoiler!

This problem has appeared only now. Earlier, when I installed gta sa, MXAO worked correctly. I assume that it may be due to the update of Windows 10 Creators Update, since after the update I had to rename the .exe file in order for the game to start (e.g. gta-sa.exe, rather then gta_sa.exe).

UPD: It seems that I just solved the problem.
Here's what I did: In the properties of exe I set compatibility with Windows 7 and then renamed the exe one more time. The game started and the MXAO began to work quite correctly.
Marty, thx for your responding.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by @rnkrnt.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Problems with MXAO in GTA SA
That's very strange. Shaders should execute same on all platforms. This looks like a ReShade bug, @crosire?

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Problems with MXAO in GTA SA
Eh, that's really strange indeed. Sounds like something in D3D behavior has changed in Win10. Forcing compatibility mode will load a shim with the old behavior. I wonder what though.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.