Anamorphic lensflare

• Scorpio82CO
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by Scorpio82CO Anamorphic lensflare was created by Scorpio82CO
hi.. i would ask for this shader is broken in the Marty´s McFly bloom shader , any one has a Solution???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Anamorphic lensflare
I'm currently reworking my bloom so uh...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO

• Scorpio82CO
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Anamorphic lensflare
I´m truly thankful, additional question (I know that´s out of the subject)... I saw new monitor devices with hdr emulated, how can compare with the hdr shader, can improve the shader, can you learn from it??
I hope to help (link: wiki.ogre3d.org/Faking+HDR )
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Scorpio82CO.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 3 months ago #4 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Anamorphic lensflare
There's a lot of confusion about HDR + calling the shader "HDR" didn't really help solving that. HDR usually means that engine calculates lighting etc with higher range and precision than usual 000000-FFFFFF range. That means that stuff like bloom etc look much more fancy than in LDR.

The link your posted describes how to "fake" HDR if only LDR buffers are available - the often unused alpha channel can be used to raise color range of RGB, so more steps than the usual 256/channel can be used.

HDR shader does some weird sort of bloom - game devs of older games tried to mimic HDR my using adaptation or bloom, calling both features HDR, creating even more confusion.

So in practice:

-That ogre3D shader: totally unusable for ReShade, also no new info
-HDR shader: no HDR at all
-Monitor devices: depending on model actual (10 bit) HDR or fake, nothing to do with this here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO, acknowledge, AssassinsDecree

• Scorpio82CO
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #5 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Anamorphic lensflare
thanks a´lot, sorry for my ignorance in the matter

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.