Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MasterEffect causing a little lag

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #1

• F D B
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey everybody!

This is my first post.
I've been following the boards and the progress (and using) of Reshade, SweetFX and MasterEffect for a while.

So... I've been using Reshade + SweetFX lastest versions for a while on FIFA 15. Yesterday I decided to switch to MasterEffect because it bring some great options. After tweaking and messing around with a lot of settings I finally come up with something I loved. However, I noticed while playing that the game lags a little bit when getting near the boxes at the furthest point from the gameplay camera itself. On the rest of the pitch itself, it runs smooth. But it's driving me nuts and I've tried to fix it anyway I can, without any results. The strangest thing is that it didn't happen to me with SweetFX. And the second strangest thing is that I didn't even enable Sharpen, or SMAA, or anything too consuming.

This is my MasterEffect.h file:

pastebin.com/yXAsWUkK

I really hope there's something I can do to improve on it because I love it so much and I don't want to get rid of these great shader. SweetFX is good, don't get me wrong... been using it for a year now, but MasterEffect gives me all the presets I need to get the graphics as real as I can.

My PC isn't the best but it's powerful enough to play FIFA and PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER with SweetFX, with pretty much all the presets enabled (LumaSharpen, SMAA, ToneMap, Vibrance, Curves, DPX, TechniColor, etc). So I don't think my PC is the problem... but I just don't know how to fix this. There must be something missing.

My Video card is an ATI Radeon HD 6870.
Core i7. 4GB RAM, Windows 7x64

Thank you all so much in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1394
MasterEffect alone, even with everything disabled is a little more framerate consuming than SweetFX, which is highly optimized for performance.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #3

• F D B
Thank you for the quick reply, master Crosire!

So... basically, there's nothing to do? Even when I have the most framerate-eating presets disabled? There must be something!!! :(

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1394
You should do some benchmarking. Disable all effects in MasterEffect and see if the issue present, if not, enable them one by one. If it is, then there is not much you can do apart from switching back to SweetFX.
Checked your MasterEffect config and from the looks it should be possible to get the same look with SweetFX, since you mainly enabled shaders SweetFX has too.
Cheers, crosire =)

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #5

• F D B
I spent no less than 2 hours yesterday trying to get the same effects in SweetFX. No luck :(
Since it doesn't have ColorMod, it's been a nightmare. That one is key to get the effect I want. Since it lets me control R,G,B channels independently, (their gamma, brightness and contrast). That's essential!!!

I will do as you suggested though. Hopefully I can come to a solution.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by F D B.

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #6

• Marty McFly
  • We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!
  • Thank you received: 720
F D B wrote:
I spent no less than 2 hours yesterday trying to get the same effects in SweetFX. No luck :(
Since it doesn't have ColorMod, it's been a nightmare. That one is key to get the effect I want. Since it lets me control R,G,B channels independently, (their gamma, brightness and contrast). That's essential!!!

I will do as you suggested though. Hopefully I can come to a solution.

If you're only about the colormod tweaking values, I can provide you a custom.h file for SweetFX that does exactly what colormod does in MasterEffect.

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #7

• F D B
For real? That'd be awesome!

With ColorMod (and maybe ColorMood) in SweetFX I think I can achieve exactly the same result I got in MasterEffect!

Thank you so much Marty!

MasterEffect causing a little lag 1 year 8 months ago #8

• F D B
Well...
I've tried copying ColorMod from Master Effect to SweetFX, created the file Custom_3.h in the Shaders folder of SweetFX, then tried mimicking the way the other presets were 'declared' in the Reshade.fx file and also in the SweetFX_settings.txt file, but I have had no success so far.

So, PLEASE Marty, when you have some time, could you do that? The ColorMod custom.h file for SweetFX?