Shader bleeding through windows in-game

• necter
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by necter Shader bleeding through windows in-game was created by necter
I love the shaders but the not so much the bleed-through effect it creates on dialogue boxes and windows over my FF14 HUD (makes it look almost transparent, can see the character outline behind it). I have identified that turning off MXAO fixes it but I want to be able to use this still!

Any solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Shader bleeding through windows in-game
No, there is no solution to this. The depth buffer contains the distance of objects behind those UI elements so MXAO computes the shadowing for them and applies them on top. A static mask that applies on some screen areas would be possible but for temporary areas like dialogue elements there's no way. GeDoSaTo solves this by doing shader hashing, the hash is telling the mod when to inject SSAO, before or after UI. But this is game dependent, so ReShade does not have such a feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.