SMAA+Lumasharpen+16bit color = dark screen

• Blackhand
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Blackhand SMAA+Lumasharpen+16bit color = dark screen was created by Blackhand
Accidentally I set the color depth to 16 bit in Dawn of War Soulstorm and then the screen is too dark if SMAA is combined with lumasharpen. (Reshade 0.16, SFX 2.0 Preview 8 ) but it's probably unimportant.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Blackhand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SMAA+Lumasharpen+16bit color = dark screen
16bit formats usually do not support SRGB, but SMAA needs SRGB or otherwise gamma correction doesn't work, which results in the dark screen you experience.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by crosire.

• Blackhand
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Blackhand Replied by Blackhand on topic SMAA+Lumasharpen+16bit color = dark screen
I don't think so because SMAA alone works fine with 16bit color depth and older SweetFX versions had similar bugs with lumasharpen. Afair I had bugs with dark screens with lumasharpen without the use of SMAA. And this all under 32bit color depth.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.