[SOLVED] Problem with shader results in DX

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by matsilagi Problem with shader results in DX was created by matsilagi
Hey.

So, i've decided to fix the Cool Retro Terminal shader i posted some time ago, and i've finally came to the conclusion its a UV issue.

I've made screenshots of the broken parts (noise output and jitter only) and how do the look on their respective environments (DirectX and opengl)

imgur.com/a/xDuxa

The pic with no black background and with a complete noisy image is correct, while the other one is the broken resuilt.

Here's the code for this: gist.github.com/anonymous/e80119b6470b7b4e46afc33f0c075b31

Any directions? I have no idea on what's wrong, i've been stuck on that for days. If i manage to get that fix i can just add the fixed code to the full shader and it will be 100% again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Problem with shader results in DX
DX9 or DX11? Could you upload the noise texture you used somewhere so I can try?

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #3 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Problem with shader results in DX

crosire wrote: DX9 or DX11? Could you upload the noise texture you used somewhere so I can try?

Both (any DX game tbh)

Here's the files: my.mixtape.moe/rhhmwm.7z
The full shader: (incase the outputs of the nosie only aren't enough , please note tho the code is :sick: ) gist.github.com/anonymous/809a3da96f0c7a94d8a8d5e14fc682c4
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by matsilagi.

• crosire
More
6 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Problem with shader results in DX
texture tNoise <source="allNoise512.png";> { Width=512; Height=512; Format = RGBA16F;};
There's the mistake. Textures loaded from images can only be 8-bit formats. So you want RGBA8 here. This works in OpenGL because the driver implicitly converts the format. But the DirectX driver does not, as such the image data is 8-bit, but interpreted as 16-bit float when loaded on the GPU, which doesn't work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi

• matsilagi
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #5 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Problem with shader results in DX
All this time for a simple format mistake.
Thanks a lot! It all works fine.