Depth of Field effects

• Avizacty
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by Avizacty Depth of Field effects was created by Avizacty
I've been trying to use Depth of Field effects for Grand Theft Auto 5 (I've also tried FiveM). It doesn't seem to work, or actually do anything to the game.

I've tried using;
ReShade Framework,
ReShade Assistant,
and also the latest version of ReShade Setup

Any effects or plugins I can install to make this work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth of Field effects
Try with this one:
dxgi.dll

In the DX11 tab, tick the "Copy depth before clearing" checkbox, then tick "extended depth buffer detection" checkbox, and select the fourth depth buffer texture (for me, it is the best one, as it does not display any HUD items).

Be aware that the depth buffer detection does not work when online, and that it does not work when multisampled anti-aliasing is enabled.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avizacty

• Avizacty
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #3 by Avizacty Replied by Avizacty on topic Depth of Field effects
Thank you. There is a slight little problem though, which is that the depthmap stutters a bit, making the DOF a lil bit glitchy. Is there a possible fix for that? And also it doesn't recognize the UI so things like chat gets blurry
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Avizacty.

• thalixte
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #4 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth of Field effects
Maybe it is vsync related. In my rig, i have no flickering at all (i use gsync).

Here is a low res footage of the displaydepth shader wih MXAO (sorry, it is a little bit dark):
GTA V depth buffer with MXAO

Just tested superDepth3D w/ MXAO in GTA V, and waoww, so good :cheer:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by thalixte.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.