Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE.

CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE. 1 year 8 months ago #1

Hi guys,

I got this bug when activating the CEL Shader in PoE:

I noted that when certain spells and lighting happens, the 3D characters get some king off cool cell shading in it, and thought that the Framework would have something to make it permanent, but seems that it's not the case. The shader is getting applied upside down and the line is very thick and is applied only in the contour of 3D model, not in the internal details.

Any way to make it at least work in the right orientation, and maybe get a very fine line?

:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE. 1 year 8 months ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1391
The depthbuffer is upside down and needs to be flipped in the shader first.
Cheers, crosire =)

CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE. 1 year 8 months ago #3

Thanks, but how I can do this? There are a simple option to do it or I need to change many lines of code?

CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE. 1 year 8 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1391
Asuming you use the Cel shader from the framework, changing lines 27/28 in "ReShade\CustomFX\Cel.h" to this should to the trick =):
float deltax = linearlizeDepth(tex2D(RFX_depthColor, float2((texcoord.x + px), 1 - texcoord.y)).x) - linearlizeDepth(tex2D(RFX_depthColor, float2((texcoord.x - px), 1 - texcoord.y)).x),
      deltay = linearlizeDepth(tex2D(RFX_depthColor, float2(texcoord.x, 1 - (texcoord.y + py))).x) - linearlizeDepth(tex2D(RFX_depthColor, float2(texcoord.x, 1 - (texcoord.y - py))).x);	
Cheers, crosire =)

CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE. 1 year 8 months ago #5

Changed the values but nothing happened, no more outlines.

Seems the last patch changed something in the way the game renders, because I don't get the outlines anymore, even after replacing the original files for the CEL shader, basically no more outlines not even upside down, but the effects from sweetfx are still working normally. :(

CEL Shader not working properly wit PoE. 1 year 8 months ago #6

Downloaded the 17.1 version and the shader seems to be working, but only in some maps and not properly:

Any advice or it is something that can't be corrected?