The Elder scrolls V: Skyrim DoF problems

1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #1 by BenKorisian
I am wondering how to get reshades DoF to work with Skyrim, I have been using the DoF included in the Skyrim reloaded mod, but the one from this just shows a distant blur; And although I have been using reshade with it anyhow I wanted to use the DoF from reshade but I am confused, either by how it works or if I am having problems with it. When enabling any sort of DoF the effect it has in-game is a nice looking DoF effect placed from camera start to about 200 yards away, then the effect ends. At this point auto-focus is enabled, but if I disable it, the effect is turned into basically a small blur and unlike before all that it is now is a small blur on the whole screen. I am not intelligent enough to even know what the problem is, and I could not find a solution anywhere else either. I humbly ask assistance with getting it to work properly. Also in addition to these problems with "Dof.fx" the "LightDoF.fx," when enabled has no effect on anything. Thanks in advance.

Update: Also to add, if I wasn't very clear before, the effect of DoF shows on-screen and looks great, but it blurs everything up to 100-150 yards away (Including my character), then it has no affect on anything after that. If this is a problem how do I fix it? Editing the sliders and changing things with DoF.fx does not do anything and has no effect on anything on the screen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #2 by OtisInf
In reshade settings change the value for reverse depth buffer (so if it's 1 set it to 0 and if its 0 set it to 1)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.