[SOLVED] CinematicDOF not working correctly?

• simsofinterest
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1 by simsofinterest CinematicDOF not working correctly? was created by simsofinterest
Hello. I use reshade 3.4.1 in Sims 4.
I recently had to wipe my computer clean and ever since then Cinematic DOF has been working completely wrong. I've reinstalled multiple times

This is how it used to work before. Smooth, perfect blur. didn't have to use auto-focus to keep it looking good.

But now it's like this.

I can't get it to focus, everything around it is actng like I'm using the other DOFs like MartyMcfly, Matso, etc. (which I don't like at all)

I'm not sure what else to do. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by simsofinterest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• simsofinterest
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by simsofinterest Replied by simsofinterest on topic CinematicDOF not working correctly?
I'm also noticing that nothing changes when I mess around with the settings for CinematicDOF.

• Daodan
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic CinematicDOF not working correctly?
A couple of things you can try:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtisInf

• OtisInf
More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic CinematicDOF not working correctly?
It's likely due to the depth buffer settings in reshade I think, so indeed the first thing to try is Daodan's excellent displaydepth explanation and see what you get from that :)

• simsofinterest
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #5 by simsofinterest Replied by simsofinterest on topic CinematicDOF not working correctly?
Will updating to 4.0.2 ruin my current preset?
I actually want to keep using it exactly how it looks so if not then I'll upgrade.

+ Yes! these settings was changed for some reason. (despite not having touch them before)

Works perfectly now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OtisInf

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.