using two gaussian bloom at the same time

• sets
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by sets using two gaussian bloom at the same time was created by sets
i'm using two gaussian bloom at the same time because i want to have two bloom tint, what i did is copy paste gaussian bloom and rename it to gaussianbloom2.fx. It works but i wonder if is there a better way than this ? liker merger two become one with two bloom tint settings because running two gaussian bloom at the same time is heavy impact on performance.

i also get this warning
\gaussianbloom2.fx (141,19-56) : warning x3595: gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration; partial derivatives may have undefined value

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic using two gaussian bloom at the same time
Gaussian of a gaussian is a gaussian so the result is just a larger blur with gaussian properties. So using 2x tint should be pretty easy to pull off with 1 blur only. I couldn't find such an effect in the github repo though, would you mind posting the file here so I can check?

• sets
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #3 by sets Replied by sets on topic using two gaussian bloom at the same time
here is the file
www67.zippyshare.com/v/Lg8XP040/file.html

also this is my settings, you can see they have same values, different bloom tint, would be nice if you can merge them :woohoo:

i.postimg.cc/RZN7Zqfs/settings.jpg
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by sets.

• sets
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by sets Replied by sets on topic using two gaussian bloom at the same time
any updates on this ? :P

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.