Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CinematicDOF: near plane max blur=0, still blurred

CinematicDOF: near plane max blur=0, still blurred 4 months 1 week ago #1

I want to only blur the background without blurring the character. However it seems like no matter how i tweak my settings, cinematicDOF will apply a slight blur across the entire screen anyway. I've put a narrow focal plane on the other side of the character and I've set near plane max blur to 0, which I imagined would result in no blur on the character or between the character and the camera, but the textures on the character still lose sharpness.

Here are my settings (sorry for low quality, I play on upscaled 4k on a 1080p monitor):
gyazo.com/7118c2b0a2633e70f5aa18a12ac541fa
gyazo.com/99751c72b0d7601b66fac32f3f4c5fa6

Here's the depth view / CoC thingy (As you can see the entire model is red, which means she is in the near plane and should not be blurred)
gyazo.com/d86a63a3013a9d35f1289bf9efc6159b

Here's what it looks like with and without cinematicDOF enabled (look at the patterns on the skirt for example to see the difference):
gyazo.com/19ff4926033066d3768aed4a2bd5138c
gyazo.com/c6c16ad03b5bca32cda4a591671f2d88

Any help is appreciated

edit: It seems like it doesnt get blurred if i put the character inside the blue focal plane, however, I'm not just taking a screenshot, I'm tryna record so the character will be running back and forth. This means I cant keep her in exact focus all the time (unless theres a way to make teh focal plane wider, I've only been able to get it really narrow, like a few pixels, If I make it wider the blur will dissapear gradually instead)
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by nakte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CinematicDOF: near plane max blur=0, still blurred 4 months 5 days ago #2

Get the latest version from the reshade shader repository, that should have it fixed :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nakte

CinematicDOF: near plane max blur=0, still blurred 4 months 5 days ago #3

thanks man