Adaptive fog and MXAO not working anymore in FFXIV

• Wubby
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by Wubby Adaptive fog and MXAO not working anymore in FFXIV was created by Wubby
So the issue here is that adaptive fog does not work anymore I can turn it on and adjust the settings but it just refuses to show up on screen I was using the fog as a green screen for certain edits now its being a issue since i don't have a in game green screen anymore,
and MXAO used to be really good and apply shadows properly on any surface,
now it just kinda borked and doesn't do a great job even after trying to adjust the settings

this all started around late 2017 and begin off 2018
i tried reinstalling multiple times but it never fixed it self.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Adaptive fog and MXAO not working anymore in FFXIV
Sounds like it's somehow related to depth access not working. Did you update ReShade while still using old shaders or vice versa? And does MXAO's debug view show the depth buffer correctly? Turned off ingame anti aliasing? Does it happen in only one certain game or is it a general problem?

• Wubby
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Wubby Replied by Wubby on topic Adaptive fog and MXAO not working anymore in FFXIV
In other games it works perfectly without issue
I tried reinstalling reshade and updating reshade with all its shaders,
I also tried reinstalling the game and then installing Reshade and all the shaders that it comes with,
it all gives the same result
and I suspect that it might be some file that might causing it since other people don't seem to have that issue
However the depth of field shaders work completely fine

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.