DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D

• MaddogPilot
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by MaddogPilot DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D was created by MaddogPilot
Hey there !! am facing small problem with reshade i dont know if i am doing it right or not may i need help !!
Here is Prepar3D flight simulator i did some tweaking to make dof working but i still get all screen blurred !!
i use MasterEffect 1.1.115
Here is some screenshot to explain
store2.up-00.com/2015-04/1429534068291.png
I moved the eyepoint "Camera" to the nose of the plane it should autofocus but still blurred !!
store2.up-00.com/2015-04/1429534068762.png
The same thing here !!

And this is my current setting
www.dropbox.com/s/njlxsc5p4s535zy/MasterEffect.h?dl=0
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MaddogPilot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D
Well, you have autofocus disabled, so that kind of makes sense =P

In your config file:
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUS 1
Set this to 0 to enable autofocus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly

• whitav8r
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by whitav8r Replied by whitav8r on topic DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D
@Maddog (and of course Crosire)
When I try the Depth Test (Depth_Tech enabled with F12 - (had to stop Prepar3D.exe from using F12)), I get an all black image - I think this says that Prepar3D.exe doesn't provide a good Depth Buffer, so DOF effects will not work. Therefore, only Manual Focus will appear to give some kind of effect, but it is all blurred like your previous snapshot. I don't know why Prepar3D.exe won't provide a good usable DepthBuffer. Have you been able to get it to work somehow?

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D
Any sort of DOF won't work without a working depth access, manual or autofocus. Make sure you disable any sort of AA in the game, because depth access only works with MSAA disabled. If the output is still black you're unlucky unfortunately, depth access is not supported for that game then (currently).

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D

crosire wrote: Any sort of DOF won't work without a working depth access, manual or autofocus

Well his statement is not entirely wrong. Autofocus detects focus plane depth 0 so everything that has depth = 0 is in focus, which is everything so no blur at all. While manual focus has something different than 0 as focus plane depth so it blurs the screen. Everywhere, but it actually blurs it. I guess that's what he meant.

• whitav8r
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #6 by whitav8r Replied by whitav8r on topic DOF Autofocus not working !! Prepar3D
I did make sure to turn off ALL Antitaliasing in FSX/Prepar3D.exe with the Control Panel, Nvidia Inspector, and the Prepar3D.exe application - made sure I saw jaggies. Stiil, nothing but black in the Depth Tech test. I guess the Depth Buffer is just not accessable for postprocessing.

Thanks much for the help!!!

Dave
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by whitav8r.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.