Depth3d and Total War Warhammer 2 mouse cursor

• M0d3u5
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by M0d3u5 Depth3d and Total War Warhammer 2 mouse cursor was created by M0d3u5
This may seem like an obvious question which will likely have a disappointing answer but I was actually able to get a mild 3d effect in Total War Warhammer 2 even tho its not listed as supported by depth3d. I am using virtual desktop on an oculus CV1. Most other games work fine with this configuration using depth3d and reshade 3/4. The issue I'm having, and I've seen this with a lot of games, is that the cursor is offset by about 50 percent on the screen, to the left/right on SBS and to the top/bottom on OU because the game thinks the screen is bigger than the playable area. No, I have no scaling on in windows and I am running at bog standard 1920 by 1080. I've searched for hours on google and all I've learned is that I seem to be the only person on earth who tried to get this game working in 3D.

I am guessing this is something to do with a missing depth map or the shader is just not able to "hook" the cursor into the 3d positioning. I've tried using the virtual cursor but I could only get that to work by using the older superdepth shader and the game's cursor is still there and offset, and I can't stand having two cursors. The game's main cursor is still visible and still in the wrong position. Does anyone know how to to get the main cursor to sync with the cross cursor or make the main cursor invisible? Or better yet get the game's main cursor to be in the correct position? Or am I just out of luck as it is "not supported". I imagine we have some serious tinkerers on this forum who have worked miracles. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #2 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth3d and Total War Warhammer 2 mouse cursor
First, you would need to enable the CrossCursor in Depth3D

Now from here the only thing I can think about is using a program called YoloMouse and Modifying/Adding a custom tiny little cursor.
You Can Get it here.
pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/
You have to make a Tiny Little Mouse Cursor So It's Not Distracting. You can even make multiple for different units. Like a Little X, a little Dot, or a little crosshair.
You can make it with www.rw-designer.com/online-cursor-editor

Once you make it, rename it to one of the built-in cur files for Yolo Mouse. ex: "1.cur"

This will NOT solve your problem 100%, But it will mitigate it.

I hope this helps. Depth3D is getting an update soon So you should get a bit more depth and better performance.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• M0d3u5
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #3 by M0d3u5 Replied by M0d3u5 on topic Depth3d and Total War Warhammer 2 mouse cursor
Wow thanks so much for responding! I have used the cross cursor and I actually do get it work, so that I can click where I am actually supposed to by using the superdepth shader, does not work with depth3d. At any rate, its more me being nit-picky that I can't stand seeing two cursors (the game one and the cross cursor). I love the idea of making a replacement cursor for it to make it fit the game better. Great suggestion. So, basically for anything RTS like Total War or Battletech you're basically out of luck eh? Anything with a cursor. I had the same thing with Grimrock. Great 3d effect but the cursor was in the way. I swear it has worked for some things, like Divine Divinity 2. Ah well, I really appreciate you responding tho! Thanks again.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.