Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 1 year 7 months ago #1

Hi all! From 0.16 i have problems with toggle keys and I have this error message:

/SweetFX/Shaders/SMAAWrap.h(111, 21): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'depthSampler'

For me problem is "SMAA_PREDICATION".
If disabled("0") all is ok, if activated("1") I have this error during initial compilation and toggle key dont work.

No problems in 0.15 and previous versions with predication activated.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 1 year 7 months ago #2

• Kleio420
  • Thank you received: 28
Tigertank wrote:
Hi all! From 0.16 i have problems with toggle keys and I have this error message:

/SweetFX/Shaders/SMAAWrap.h(111, 21): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'depthSampler'

For me problem is "SMAA_PREDICATION".
If disabled("0") all is ok, if activated("1") I have this error during initial compilation and toggle key dont work.

No problems in 0.15 and previous versions with predication activated.
Thanks.
what game are you trying to use this on

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 1 year 7 months ago #3

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1384
Make sure you also enable "USE_DEPTH" when using SMAA predication.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigertank

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 1 year 7 months ago #4

@Kleio420: all situations because this isn't a compatibility problem but a sweetfx problem.

crosire wrote:
Make sure you also enable "USE_DEPTH" when using SMAA predication.

Thanks Crosire, with "USE_DEPTH" activated error with "SMAA_PREDICATION" disappears and all is ok! :woohoo:
What is the cause?
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Tigertank.

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 1 year 7 months ago #5

• JBeckman
  • Thank you received: 36
In newer versions I think it's on automatically and instead you only have a setting to display the depth buffer via hotkey or not but the problem you had if I understand it correctly is that predication as per the text description for it makes use of both the color and depth texture which requires the depth buffer to work as intended and that setting is used to enable or disable depth buffer detection. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigertank

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 3 weeks 5 days ago #6

Help me I got a error x3013 no matching function overload for smaacoloredgedetectionps

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 3 weeks 4 days ago #7

• Martigen
  • Thank you received: 35
FYI, related -- Predication for SMAA is broken in 3.0

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 3 weeks 4 days ago #8

• JBeckman
  • Thank you received: 36
Yeah there doesn't seem to be a option for it at all far as I can tell, it's still highly effective though and the in-game debug preview modes makes it very easy to set up good settings on a per-game basis without getting too many artifacts or "noise" patterns though it seems the depth mode does not work in all games even with depth buffer access available.
(Deus Ex Mankind Divided for example - when not using DirectX 12 - , smooth edges in luma and color but jaggy in depth mode even if the preview indicates it should have worked.)
Last Edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by JBeckman.

"SMAA_PREDICATION" problem 3 weeks 3 days ago #9

• Martigen
  • Thank you received: 35
JBeckman wrote:
Yeah there doesn't seem to be a option for it at all far as I can tell, it's still highly effective though and the in-game debug preview modes makes it very easy to set up good settings on a per-game basis without getting too many artifacts or "noise" patterns though it seems the depth mode does not work in all games even with depth buffer access available.
(Deus Ex Mankind Divided for example - when not using DirectX 12 - , smooth edges in luma and color but jaggy in depth mode even if the preview indicates it should have worked.)
The problem is the SMAA Reshade 3.0 port isn't the one Ceejay did with his added Predication changes -- there's simply no code for it in the current SMAA. We need Ceejay's SMAA ported to replace it.