[SOLVED] "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem

• Tigertank
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Tigertank "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem was created by Tigertank
Hi all! From 0.16 i have problems with toggle keys and I have this error message:

/SweetFX/Shaders/SMAAWrap.h(111, 21): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'depthSampler'

For me problem is "SMAA_PREDICATION".
If disabled("0") all is ok, if activated("1") I have this error during initial compilation and toggle key dont work.

No problems in 0.15 and previous versions with predication activated.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kleio420
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem

Tigertank wrote: Hi all! From 0.16 i have problems with toggle keys and I have this error message:

/SweetFX/Shaders/SMAAWrap.h(111, 21): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'depthSampler'

For me problem is "SMAA_PREDICATION".
If disabled("0") all is ok, if activated("1") I have this error during initial compilation and toggle key dont work.

No problems in 0.15 and previous versions with predication activated.
Thanks.

what game are you trying to use this on

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem
Make sure you also enable "USE_DEPTH" when using SMAA predication.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigertank

• Tigertank
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Tigertank Replied by Tigertank on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem
@Kleio420: all situations because this isn't a compatibility problem but a sweetfx problem.

crosire wrote: Make sure you also enable "USE_DEPTH" when using SMAA predication.

Thanks Crosire, with "USE_DEPTH" activated error with "SMAA_PREDICATION" disappears and all is ok! :woohoo:
What is the cause?
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Tigertank.

• JBeckman
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem
In newer versions I think it's on automatically and instead you only have a setting to display the depth buffer via hotkey or not but the problem you had if I understand it correctly is that predication as per the text description for it makes use of both the color and depth texture which requires the depth buffer to work as intended and that setting is used to enable or disable depth buffer detection. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tigertank

• Searhino
More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by Searhino Replied by Searhino on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem
Help me I got a error x3013 no matching function overload for smaacoloredgedetectionps

• Martigen
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem
FYI, related -- Predication for SMAA is broken in 3.0

• JBeckman
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #8 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem
Yeah there doesn't seem to be a option for it at all far as I can tell, it's still highly effective though and the in-game debug preview modes makes it very easy to set up good settings on a per-game basis without getting too many artifacts or "noise" patterns though it seems the depth mode does not work in all games even with depth buffer access available.
(Deus Ex Mankind Divided for example - when not using DirectX 12 - , smooth edges in luma and color but jaggy in depth mode even if the preview indicates it should have worked.)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JBeckman.

• Martigen
More
7 years 6 months ago #9 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic "SMAA_PREDICATION" problem

JBeckman wrote: Yeah there doesn't seem to be a option for it at all far as I can tell, it's still highly effective though and the in-game debug preview modes makes it very easy to set up good settings on a per-game basis without getting too many artifacts or "noise" patterns though it seems the depth mode does not work in all games even with depth buffer access available.
(Deus Ex Mankind Divided for example - when not using DirectX 12 - , smooth edges in luma and color but jaggy in depth mode even if the preview indicates it should have worked.)

The problem is the SMAA Reshade 3.0 port isn't the one Ceejay did with his added Predication changes -- there's simply no code for it in the current SMAA. We need Ceejay's SMAA ported to replace it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.