[SOLVED] Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3

• jmp909
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #1 by jmp909 Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3 was created by jmp909
this guy looks like he has it working

but mine just comes out like this, as the depth buffer output is all white. I've tried disabling MSAA but that doesn't help

i've tried both the versions in the zip he posted in the YouTube conversation. I've also tried running UPlay offline (I have Steam with UPlay version) not sure what the issue is.

thanks for any help
J.
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by jmp909.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #2 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3
I decided to load up FC3 myself. Sure enough, I got it working by following the games compatibility list guidelines for the game. You kinda got to pay attention to that sometimes. ;)

You MUST set the game to run in DX9 mode to get depth buffer access.
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by vfxninjaeditor.

• jmp909
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago #3 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3
Ok thanks for that, I'll give it a go

But note the guy said dx11 in the comments below his YouTube video

Also, Reshade does work with dx11 , just not the depthbuffer, so the compatibility list should probably say both but to use d3d9 for depthbuffer support in the notes.

Thanks
J
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• jmp909
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago #4 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3
ok I see from his YouTube update how he might be getting around the network issue that is presumably disabling DoF? (crack!)

Not something I'd do, but then might be able to get someone at CheatEngine to make a script. Same difference but slightly more legitimate!

Then again that wouldn't explain why it would work in d3d9 normally. As any network access would still be there.

Must be something else?

• crosire
More
9 years 1 day ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3
No. Network would disable it completly, a white output just means it is empty. But how's that strange? D3D11 and D3D9 are two completly different APIs, so it's not surprising that the renderer of the game works differently for those and ReShade is only able to grab the depth buffer under D3D9 =).

• jmp909
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #6 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3
He said he has it working with dx11 using a cracked version of FC3 . Which I don't condone and wasn't intending to discuss here, (delete if you need)... I just thought in terms of hooking it might reveal something about the depth buffer .

He said dx9 crashed

Unless he just thinks he's running dx11

Thanks
J
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by jmp909.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 22 hours ago #7 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Depth Buffer in Far Cry 3
He probably thinks he is playing in DX11. The buffer doesn't work in DX11, I tried. It only shows in DX9.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.