All DOFs blurring entire screen (FiveM/GTA V)

• SlipperyDoot
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by SlipperyDoot All DOFs blurring entire screen (FiveM/GTA V) was created by SlipperyDoot
So I was wondering if there was a way to achieve the same DOF that you get with the Nvidia game filter overlays with ReShade since FiveM does not allow Nvidia overlays to function properly. With the Nvidia game filters, I am able to achieve and nice clean DOF as seen in this picture here i.imgur.com/jFXfCb7.png .

However, when messing around with ReShade on FIveM and GTA V Single player, I was not able to achieve anything near that. What I get is the entire screen being blurred out. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong or maybe I have it set up the wrong way. Here is what I get in FiveM when testing (Pic is of Cinematic DOF) i.imgur.com/J5vTPQG.jpg

The ReShade that I am using is the most recent 4.3.0 and I have MSAA off as well. Is there something else that I can try or some extra steps I need to take to set this up properly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OtisInf
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic All DOFs blurring entire screen (FiveM/GTA V)
The core issue is likely that the depth buffer isn't picked up properly. To fix that, use the DisplayDepth shader in reshade. When you enable it, you should see elements close to the camera in black and far away in white. If you see a white screen, go to the dx11 tab and select a different depth buffer. Once you have this setup properly, dofs and other depth based effects will work fine.

For a guide, see: reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/4810-...s-in-displaydepth-fx

• Zireael
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic All DOFs blurring entire screen (FiveM/GTA V)

OtisInf wrote: The core issue is likely that the depth buffer isn't picked up properly. To fix that, use the DisplayDepth shader in reshade. When you enable it, you should see elements close to the camera in black and far away in white. If you see a white screen, go to the dx11 tab and select a different depth buffer. Once you have this setup properly, dofs and other depth based effects will work fine.

For a guide, see: reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/4810-...s-in-displaydepth-fx

FiveM is a custom multiplayer mod for GTA V, thus depth buffer is blocked.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.