Team Fortress 2 gamma bug

• tdyl
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by tdyl Team Fortress 2 gamma bug was created by tdyl
I was using reshade on tf2 and suddenly when I oppened up tf2 the game looked really bright and now the game becomes bright if I have any effect on any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bno1
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by bno1 Replied by bno1 on topic Team Fortress 2 gamma bug
I'm having the same bug in GTA IV (steam version). I tried the versions 4.3.0 and 4.2.1.

I experience the bug when I open the game and when I reload the effects. If I manually enable/disable an effect without clicking reload the gamma/brightness goes back to normal. When I click reload the gamma/brightness blows up again.

• bno1
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by bno1 Replied by bno1 on topic Team Fortress 2 gamma bug
If I disable steam overlay the gamma bug goes away but now I get heavy stuttering and effects are buggy. SMAA for example makes the image blurry then crisp and repeats.

• bno1
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by bno1 Replied by bno1 on topic Team Fortress 2 gamma bug
I was able to troubleshoot the problem with the help of @moyevka#4878 from Discord. The gamma bug is caused by the steam overlay. For GTA IV disabling steam overlay causes lag and flickers. Disabling in-game vsync solves this issue.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.