Fallout 76 - qUNT MXAO bleeding through HUD/Map

• ThaMan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by ThaMan Fallout 76 - qUNT MXAO bleeding through HUD/Map was created by ThaMan
I've been working on a preset for this game, and managed to get the depth buffer "working", but using MXAO makes the effect bleed through everything on my screen (like the map and hud elements, here's an example:

Tried using the UI mask effects but had no luck. Anyone can help me find a solution for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Fallout 76 - qUNT MXAO bleeding through HUD/Map
I'm not sure you'll always be having the depth buffer working for Fallout 76, as Reshade disables it if detects online activity to prevent abuse.

Regardless the only solutions to this are:
  • Using a UI mask (which you've said you've tried) -- this actually works really well as long as the UI is always in static locations. This isn't likely with RPGs as different windows/menus are always being accessed.
  • Toggling MXAO off when a key is pressed -- so, at least for the map pic you display below, if you set the toggle key for MXAO to be the same as in the in-game key for the map, then it should turn off when you bring the map up and turn on again when you close the map (as long as you're pressing the map toggle key only).
  • Finally, in general gameplay where MXAO is visible through elements like fog, you can always try restricting MXAO's range to be much closer. In fact there are a number of Fallout 4 profiles using MXAO that do this that you can probably adapt to Fallout 76. It won't always work well, but you can probably eliminate a large number of use cases like this.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Martigen.

• ThaMan
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #3 by ThaMan Replied by ThaMan on topic Fallout 76 - qUNT MXAO bleeding through HUD/Map
Thanks, Martigen! I've managed to grab a modified version of ReShade's dll which enables depth buffer access in online games, I've been extensively testing this for a long time (trying to see if it would cause me to get banned, I'm okay with that in case it happens since I've got a free copy of this game a while back), but since I'm quite a newbie regarding ReShade and it's effects, I cannot say for sure if the depth buffer is completely or partially working on this game. I get lots of effects working, including the RT shader, but some like PPFX_SSDO, for example, just messes up the whole screen.
A while back, I've tried almost all of the solutions you've mentioned (besides limiting MXAO's range), and the workaround was to disable it by a keybind.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by ThaMan.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.