Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1

• Mark A
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by Mark A Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1 was created by Mark A
I just installed v4.4.1 to Doom 3 BFG while keeping the original (working) settings from v4.3.0, and now the LUT is completely borked. I'm using a 64x64x64 LUT and have added the appropriate preprocessor definitions, but the colours are all messed up. I can try to get a screenshot if needed, but it looks the same way it does when a 64x64x64 LUT is used without the TileSizeXY and TileAmount modifiers set.

Unfortunately, uninstalling v4.4.1 and reverting to any earlier (working) version of Reshade does not fix the problem - I think 4.4.1 has made a permanent change somewhere that I can't find. Any ideas what's gone on/what I can do to fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1
4.4.1 does not do permanent changes. This sounds like a shader problem, since with the update to 4.4.1 you likely also updated the shaders.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• Mark A
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #3 by Mark A Replied by Mark A on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1

crosire wrote: 4.4.1 does not do permanent changes. This sounds like a shader problem, since with the update to 4.4.1 you likely also updated the shaders.

I've just tried uninstalling the game and removing all trace of Reshade from that folder - leaving it completely empty - and reinstalled the game and the previously-working Reshade. Problem presists.

Any more ideas on what could be wrong?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Mark A.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1
Well yes, if you reinstall, you'll download the most recent shaders, no matter which ReShade version you install. So that doesn't change things.

• Mark A
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by Mark A Replied by Mark A on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1

crosire wrote: Well yes, if you reinstall, you'll download the most recent shaders, no matter which ReShade version you install. So that doesn't change things.

Oh dear - so the most recent shaders just aren't compatible with ANY version of Reshade?

• Mark A
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #6 by Mark A Replied by Mark A on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1
Updated to 4.4.2 and the problem persists.
Do I just have to wait for compatibility to be restored by the ReShade dev/s? If so, just let me know.

Tx.

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1
There is no compatibility issue. I'm also not aware of any issues with LUT. Either way it would be a problem with the shader and not ReShade. But it's more likely that either your LUT is broken or it's not set up correctly. Without the LUT and config it is impossible to tell.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• Mark A
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #8 by Mark A Replied by Mark A on topic Issues with LUT in Doom 3 after installing v4.4.1
Hmm - I dispensed with my custom definitions and just replaced the default LUT with mine... and now it works again with v4.3(?) I then put my 64x64x64 LUT in its place and added resize definitions, and it still works.

Don't understand that at all - every other game works with the same custom definitions and LUT. (I should mention that I added a custom TextureName to save copying the same LUT into twenty-odd individual game folders, but it never gave me any trouble until the update to 4.4.)

But hey - it works. I know to leave it alone, now!
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Mark A.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.