Cinematic DOF Black Outline on Foliage

1 month 6 days ago - 1 month 6 days ago #1 by Oatpunter
Hey everyone, I am currently working on a preset for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly and would like to add a CinDOF shader. However, despite having tweaked every value and trying several different combinations, the foliage is surrounded by this black haze, for example:

CINDOF ON
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

CINDOF OFF

As you can see, there is a black haze around the foliage. I've chalked it up to either the in-game anti-aliasing, or the way the game handles transparency textures. Although, I did test the game without MSAA or any in-game anti-aliasing activated and there was still a black haze. If anyone has a solution or an alternative explanation, I would love to hear it. Cheers.

Here I have also uploaded the depth map and my settings:

DEPTH MAP

CINDOF SETTINGS

GLOBAL PRE-PROCESSOR SETTINGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 14 hours ago #2 by OtisInf
Likely still a mismatch with the depth buffer. if the tree is in focus, bleeding doesn't happen. However, if it's even a slightly bit out of focus you'll get a blurring around the edges. But other than that, I don't know what causes this. For things in the focus plane I never see bleeding. (I wrote cinematicdof)

2 weeks 6 days ago #3 by Oatpunter
What would you suggest? I've tried all available depth buffer settings (curiously, one appears and is greyed out that is labelled MSAA, but when I disable MSAA I still can't interact with it), and I've tweaked every value as much as I can. I'm close to just assuming that it's built into the game.

2 weeks 3 days ago #4 by OtisInf
I have no answer, sorry.

2 weeks 3 days ago #5 by Oatpunter
Thank you for your time, I imagine it's just hard coded into the game.