Effects make objects look transparent. AC: Brotherhood

• Hiddenus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 1 week ago #1 by Hiddenus Characters flicker into depth buffer randomly Assassins Creed Brotherhood was created by Hiddenus
Hey there.

I've been trying to beautify ACB with some Reshade effects, but unfortunatelly something is really buggy about it's depth buffer.

The environment is loaded to depth buffer all the time, with no problems, but characters only appear in buffer only in certain areas and with camera at right angle. As visible below with just effects.

And now with depth buffer. I also noticed that with MSAA it happens the same, but instead of loading characters into depth buffer as well it goes totally blank at those angles. Here's video of how it looks with DepthDisplay when MSAA is off.

Am I missing something? I know it's not MSAA since it happens even with it and I know it bugs out the depth buffer so I don't use it if I use Reshade stuff relaying on depth buffer.
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Hiddenus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• canceralp
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #2 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Effects make objects look transparent. AC: Brotherhood
MSAA almost always negatively effect depth buffer detection, unfortunately. If you use DSR or VSR instead of MSAA, I'll be problem free and also more beautiful, since higher resolutions are simply better than MSAA.

• Hiddenus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Hiddenus Replied by Hiddenus on topic Effects make objects look transparent. AC: Brotherhood
I am aware of that, but it's an issue with something in game engine not MSAA. I turned it off for sake of second video and you maybe saw that characters sometimes appeared in buffer, but mostly were not.
I haven't seen that kind of issues anywhere else, it either had access to depth buffer or not. Not this picky inclusion of environment and some elements whenever it decides it's fun to do so.

• Hiddenus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #4 by Hiddenus Replied by Hiddenus on topic Effects make objects look transparent. AC: Brotherhood
I decided to rename the post and explain the issue differently. And to put it into unread for some people who actually now might understand and know the fix.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.