Problem with FilmGrain 2

• Assburger
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by Assburger Problem with FilmGrain 2 was created by Assburger
I have encountered an issue with FilmGrain 2 when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn, after like an hour or so of playing the grain will stop floating around and just stays there, still. Weird thing is that i have noticed it only after upgrading my 980 to a 2080, i doubt that has anything to do with the problem though. I really like this shader, been using it for years and this issue really bummed me out lol, please if anyone knows what is going on, help me :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fu-Bama
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #2 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic Problem with FilmGrain 2
It's probably an issue with random noise generator algorithm, where seed (perhaps number of frames or time) gets to high-enough number, everything breaks.
I have made some film grain shaders that wont experience this problem, like SimpleGrain.fx .
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Fu-Bama.

• Assburger
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #3 by Assburger Replied by Assburger on topic Problem with FilmGrain 2
I haven't tried Reshade 4.8.2 yet, so i don't know if that fixes what it's causing the issue, but wiith 4.7 i fixed it(after some research lol) by changing this line
float noise = sin(dot(tc, float2(12.9898, 78.233))) * 43758.5453;
with
float noise = sin(dot(tc,float2(12.9898, 78.233))) + sin(timer*0.0025216);
        noise = noise * 43578.5453 * 0.5;
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Assburger.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.