No access to depth buffer (Sims 3)

• Mr.Bongo
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by Mr.Bongo No access to depth buffer (Sims 3) was created by Mr.Bongo
Heyho,

I´m looking for advice concerning a pretty old problem, somewhat. The suggested solutions don´t work for me :huh:

So, Reshade 3.4 is working fine with Sims 3 in OpenGL mode. DX9 or DX10+ don´t work.
What does not work is anything depth related: DoF or Fog either do nothing or blur the entire screen, AmbientLight makes the blue UI shine over the game screen.

What I tried:
- Reverse Buffer thingy set to 0 or 1
- Ingame anti-aliasing switched off, also some kind of "Expert rendering shader 2.0+" switched off. Looks garbage, but doesn´t help
- re-install Reshade, try v2.0 and more
- run the game .exe (TS3W.exe) as administrator + compatibility mode

Are there more things that may deny access to depth buffer?

Win 7 Professional x64, SP1 (this has gear reasons and cannot be changed)
Ryzen 5-1600
Geforce 1030

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mr.Bongo
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by Mr.Bongo Replied by Mr.Bongo on topic No access to depth buffer (Sims 3)
I found a small game mod that makes Sims 3 recognize my GPU. By default it only knows up to like Geforce 6xx series.
Seems like that was the solution, got some nice DoF shots :)

• URANIA333
More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by URANIA333 Replied by URANIA333 on topic No access to depth buffer (Sims 3)
If reshade cant find the depht buffer, I go to edit things in reshade.ini, and first trying by setting "RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED" to 0 or 1(some games need 1 some 0), "and/or" second trying by setting "DephtCopyBeforeClears" to 0 or 1, and things like that.... but in some games that force "online mode" always, reshade will not access to depht buffer, as far as I know, maybe trying older versions of reshade could work, dont know

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.