My reshade.fx file not compiling

More
1 month 1 week ago #1 by Wildelily
My reshade.fx file not compiling was created by Wildelily
Hello all!
I'm trying reshade for the first time. Following tutorials online, everything works exept for the reshade.fx file. I also can't find this file anywhere online. 
I'm having issues with uploading pictures on this forum so I'll just type out my errors:

Failed to load reshade.fx 
preprocessor warning: unknown pragma ignored
reshade.fx(182, 14): error X3005: invalid function call outside of a function
reshade.fx(640, 105): error X3120: invalid type for index - index must be an integer scalar
reshade.fx(826, 18): warning X4717: type prefixes for annotations are deprecated and ignored
reshade.fx(826, 38): warning X4717: type prefixes for annotations are deprecated and ignored

I'm using the latest reshade application. Any help I get to understand what's going on, I appreciate.
Thank you for all the wonderful work you've all done at shading/texturing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic My reshade.fx file not compiling
Sounds like you are trying to use a reaaaaaaally old effect file with current ReShade (reshade.fx has not been a thing to years). Why not use the effect packages the setup provides? Either way, it would help to know where you got that reshade.fx from.

More
1 month 1 week ago #3 by Wildelily
Replied by Wildelily on topic My reshade.fx file not compiling
No idea where I got the reshade.fx file. Wasn't in any of the files I downloaded, cause I went through them again.
By old do you mean the Legacy-standard effects? I ticked all the boxes and did read it was for old pre-sets.
I will try removing it now

More
1 month 1 week ago #4 by Wildelily
Replied by Wildelily on topic My reshade.fx file not compiling
I deleted everything and redownloaded reshade without the legacy files. its working now