DisplayDepth cant detect further than first person interface(hands and stuff).

• Shards
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Shards DisplayDepth cant detect further than first person interface(hands and stuff). was created by Shards
So it seems like DisplayDepth cant detect further than the first-person interface. Is there any way to fix this? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SavvyKraken
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #2 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic DisplayDepth cant detect further than first person interface(hands and stuff).
Which game are you using it for? I know that Fallout New Vegas has had particular trouble because of how the depth buffer saves data.

• Shards
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #3 by Shards Replied by Shards on topic DisplayDepth cant detect further than first person interface(hands and stuff).
I use it on Ravenfield(unity) for testing it, but I also plan on figuring out how to use it in GTA V since it's a game that uses an internet connection.

• SavvyKraken
More
3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #4 by SavvyKraken Replied by SavvyKraken on topic DisplayDepth cant detect further than first person interface(hands and stuff).
According to the compatibility list, GTA V should work.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/ReShade#List_of_games_compatible_with_ReShade

However, Ravenfield isn't listed, so it may not have full depth buffer access.
Last edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by SavvyKraken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shards

• Shards
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Shards Replied by Shards on topic DisplayDepth cant detect further than first person interface(hands and stuff).
You're probably right, but when I turn on dof it does kinda work, it's jumping between first-person interface and on things that is outside of first-person, although it cant see edges so it blurs either first-person or world.

Edit: Oh, I just tried to find something about it on internet and found guide about installing reshade on Ravenfield, and there was a step where you had to check "Copy depth buffer before clear operations" in DX11 and somehow it inverted things that are visible in depth buffer, though dunno, now the first person isnt on screen, but oh well, guess its better when it detects world instead of only hands.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Shards.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.