Effects like MXAO and SSR only activating when turning on flashlight [GMod]

• 1mista
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by 1mista Effects like MXAO and SSR only activating when turning on flashlight [GMod] was created by 1mista
Hello everyone,
I've recently gotten into cinematics and posing and I'm starting to use the 4.9.1 version of ReShade for my VFX.
Whenever I turn on reflection effects or ambient occlusion the effect isn't present until I turn on my flashlight.
I've had the shaders installed previously on GMod with no problem whatsoever.
Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1mista
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by 1mista Replied by 1mista on topic Effects like MXAO and SSR only activating when turning on flashlight [GMod]
Update: I uninstalled both Garry's Mod and ReShade and reinstalled them on my other hard drive. I checked the Copy Depth Buffer option under D3D9 but now the ambient occlusion, blur and reflection effects don't work.

• lordbean
More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by lordbean Replied by lordbean on topic Effects like MXAO and SSR only activating when turning on flashlight [GMod]
Are you playing by yourself or with other people? ReShade automatically disables access to the depth buffer when it detects the game process has network traffic (this is to prevent cheating), which these kinds of effects depend on.

• 1mista
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by 1mista Replied by 1mista on topic Effects like MXAO and SSR only activating when turning on flashlight [GMod]
By myself on singleplayer.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.