Depth Buffer issue in Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition

• Exclbr
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by Exclbr Depth Buffer issue in Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition was created by Exclbr
Hello there,
I recently started playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition and I've used reshade for the first 2 games without issue.With the 3rd game however, I'm having trouble setting up the depth buffer.

I play on 1920x1080 but the list here does not have my resolution.

When i set it to the first one (1920x1440), and turn on Display Depth it looks like this :
The image is stretched to 1920x1440 and the part where the black bar is, is completely blurred when i turn off Display Depth. The other 2 options are the same thing with the black bar only lower resolution as both of them are lower res than the first one. I have anti-aliasing off and I've never had this issue before with reshade. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thamer
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #2 by Thamer Replied by Thamer on topic Depth Buffer issue in Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition
Hey man I'm having the same issue and I'm wondering if you found any way to fix it?
This game has so much potential with Reshade I just can't seem to get depth to work properly.

Update: I fixed it!
I added the following the Reshade.ini under the "General" section:

PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_Y_SCALE=1.333

And in-game you gotta select the 960x720 depth buffer because for some reason it's the only one that works for me
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Thamer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.