Confusing change in technicolor behavior

• CF259
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #1 by CF259 Confusing change in technicolor behavior was created by CF259
I've been trying to port some SweetFX 1.5 presets into SweetFX 2.0/ReShade in order to add some of the newer effects to them, but an issue with the technicolor shader has been causing me some problems.

Using SweetFX 1.5, the technicolor shader produced a fairly intense change of color, which tended to affect darker colors more than lighter ones (or at least appeared to). However, when given the same inputs in SweetFX 2.0/ReShade, the change in color is much less noticeable. It's impossible to alter the color to the same degree as in SweetFX 1.5 without boosting the TechniAmount and overpowering the other colors in the image in a way that the 1.5 Technicolor shader did not.

This has been a source of great confusion for me, as it appears that the algorithms used for the shader in SweetFX 1.5 and SweetFX 2.0/ReShade are completely identical. The only thing I can think of that would cause the difference would be some kind of change in how the changes are blended with the base image (if that is the correct term).

Has anyone else experienced this same issue, or have any ideas on how to restore the behavior of the Technicolor shader to its past state?

This album shows the difference between the 2.0 and 1.5 shader behaviors with the same settings, on splitscreen. SweetFX 2.0 is shown on the top, and 1.5 on the bottom. This comparison isn't the best, but gets the general point across.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by CF259.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Confusing change in technicolor behavior
CeeJay may have changed the order in which effects are applied, which could have an effect (or it's something completly different). He might want to swing by and explain. =)
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by crosire.

• CF259
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by CF259 Replied by CF259 on topic Confusing change in technicolor behavior
I don't think that effect order is the problem, as it persists even when no other effects are applied and manually changing the order within Shared.h doesn't change anything. I could still be wrong about that though, maybe the order is also represented in some other file I've overlooked.

• CF259
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by CF259 Replied by CF259 on topic Confusing change in technicolor behavior
I've done some more testing with different shader packs (Like mastereffect) that also contain the same technicolor algorithm, and received the same results as using the standard ReShade shaders (that is, barely any color change with the same parameters). Has this inconsistency occurred for anyone else? Does anyone have any idea why it happens and how it can be fixed?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.