ColorCorrection.h: Typo, variable undefined

• LordBelakor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by LordBelakor ColorCorrection.h: Typo, variable undefined was created by LordBelakor
There seems to be a typo in the newest Reshade 0.19 code, specifically in the File ColorCorrection.h at line 327.

This is the line:
if ( Use_COLORSAT == 0 )   colorSat = 1.0f;

I tried installing a Witcher 3 preset, and got a undefined variable exception leading me to this point in the file.

I changed it to this to work:
if ( USE_COLORSAT == 0 )   colorSat = 1.0f;

The mistake is located in \ReShade 0.19.0 Public Beta with Framework\ReShade\CustomFX\ColorCorrection.h at line 327.

Next time maybe a bit more care when working with case sensitive variables ;)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by LordBelakor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ColorCorrection.h: Typo, variable undefined
ReShade 0.19 (injector) != ReShade Framework (shaders) ;)
I'll pass this along to Lucifer, who's managing those shaders. Thanks for reporting! =)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ColorCorrection.h: Typo, variable undefined
This is no mistake.
USE is a keyword for shader. COLORSAT is only a "boolean" variable of a shader. Therefore, the variable got intenionally renamed ( with specifically a lot of care for case sensitivity ;) )
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, Ioxa

• LordBelakor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by LordBelakor Replied by LordBelakor on topic ColorCorrection.h: Typo, variable undefined

LuciferHawk wrote: This is no mistake.
USE is a keyword for shader. COLORSAT is only a "boolean" variable of a shader. Therefore, the variable got intenionally renamed ( with specifically a lot of care for case sensitivity ;) )

The mistake was writing "Use" instead of "USE". I'm no expert but considering every other similarly structured variable has uppercase "USE", and having lowercase "Use" breaks old presets, this has to be a mistake. Unless you are expecting Users to change all their old presets for only this one variable from now on. I'd say its less work just bundling this little change into the next update to ensure compatibility with old Presets.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by LordBelakor.

• Ioxa
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic ColorCorrection.h: Typo, variable undefined

LordBelakor wrote:

LuciferHawk wrote: This is no mistake.

The mistake was writing "Use" instead of "USE". I'm no expert but considering every other similarly structured variable has uppercase "USE", and having lowercase "Use" breaks old presets, this has to be a mistake. Unless you are expecting Users to change all their old presets for only this one variable from now on. I'd say its less work just bundling this little change into the next update to ensure compatibility with old Presets.

Like the LuciferHawk said, it was not a mistake. It needed to be changed for compatibility with the Mediator. And thats not the only one that was changed. Unfortunately it does break old presets so you will have to carry those values over manually. There may be a way to make the shaders compatible with old presets but the old presets would not be compatible with the Mediator.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.