LUT is limited to 256 x 64

• Erunur
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #1 by Erunur LUT is limited to 256 x 64 was created by Erunur
Anything higher than width of 16384 will result in compile fail. Tested in Guild Wars 2 on a laptop with a 2020 Intel IGPU model 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic LUT is limited to 256 x 64
Well yes, that's the texture dimension limit ( docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/d...-11-resources-limits , this is true in the other APIs as well). But there is a very big gap between 256 and 16384 that can be used.

• Erunur
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by Erunur Replied by Erunur on topic LUT is limited to 256 x 64
Damn my lut is much much bigger cuz it contains all possible rgb colors. is there any way to use it in reshade

• shebbe
More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by shebbe Replied by shebbe on topic LUT is limited to 256 x 64
I don't know what your goal is but there is no such thing as all possible rgb colors. The values you are working with are limited by the colorspace's primaries and the number of steps defined by the bit depth. The output is limited to the display colorspace the content is purposed for.

In regards to LUT resolution there is plenty of data to go with for any task because a LUT will interpolate any value inbetween. A higher resolution will only improve accuracy, not magically give more colors.

What you may be looking for is an interpolation method. I don't know the reshade details but it might be trilinear interpolation by default for performance reasons but if tetrahedral is possible that would be an improvement accuracy wise.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.