[PORTAL 2] Image.fx and BilateralCS.fx fail to compile, even after reinstalls.

• KZFKreation
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1 by KZFKreation [PORTAL 2] Image.fx and BilateralCS.fx fail to compile, even after reinstalls. was created by KZFKreation
Hi all, I'm having some major problems with my install of Reshade on Portal 2 (Yes, it was inspired by the release of Portal RTX). To my knowledge, the preset I used shouldn't be outdated and DX9 should be able to work, however my shaders don't load and the two ones that I believe are most responsible for the lack of visual change are failing. The console explains as follows:

19:23:45:359 [02796] | ERROR | Failed to compile "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Portal 2\bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Fubax\Image.fx:
d:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\portal 2\Shader@0x1E4DDC80(343, 15, -44): error X3535: Bitwise operations not supported on target ps_3_0.

and

19:23:45:376 [11396] | ERROR | Failed to compile "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Portal 2\bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Insane-Shaders\BilateralCS.fx":
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Portal 2\bin\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Insane-Shaders\BilateralCS.fx(28, 9): preprocessor error: syntax error: unexpected new line

The second one I understand its issue as someone who has done programming (seems like the shader author forgot a semicolon lol), but I'm not sure what software I can use to fix the bug myself. As for the first error, does anyone have any idea what's going on and can reccomend a fix for the fist shader? And for the second shader, can I just open it up in a text editor? 
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Figured out the second error, through basic experimentation I found that you can edit the shader code from within ReShade and it was missing comment markers. Still need help with the first shader as it appears to be a runtime error and like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing with that.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by KZFKreation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fu-Bama
More
1 year 3 months ago #2 by Fu-Bama Replied by Fu-Bama on topic [PORTAL 2] Image.fx and BilateralCS.fx fail to compile, even after reinstalls.
Hello, sorry for the error. I had the problem fixed long time ago but forgot to upload the shader.
New version works on Portal 2 now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.