[SOLVED] Skyrim Ambient Occlusion flickering/flash

• CrepusculeCraft
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by CrepusculeCraft [SOLVED] Skyrim Ambient Occlusion flickering/flash was created by CrepusculeCraft
Hello, I am having difficulties with the AO in mastereffect's shaders. With any of the 6 available ambient occlusion methods I get flickering or flashing every few seconds while running/walking. I have uploaded a video showing what happens with Raymarch HBAO for example, but this issue occurs with any AO from ME.

You can see the flashing at 0:06 and 0:20 as well as flickering at 0:02 and 0:19.

Can anyone help me figure out what the cause of this issue may be? I'm running AMD Radeon 7700 series. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by CrepusculeCraft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Skyrim Ambient Occlusion flickering/flashing black
Skyrim has a shitload of different depth buffers and ReShade switches between them rapidly wheb looking or moving around, there is no way to avoid this. For Skyrim, I really recommend using enb instead of ReShade as it is developed specially for this game and has a number of performance improvements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, CrepusculeCraft

• CrepusculeCraft
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by CrepusculeCraft Replied by CrepusculeCraft on topic Skyrim Ambient Occlusion flickering/flashing black
Thank you for the reply! I was hoping to avoid enb due to performance costs but I'll give it a shot.

• GroinShooter
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by GroinShooter Replied by GroinShooter on topic Skyrim Ambient Occlusion flickering/flashing black

CrepusculeCraft wrote: Thank you for the reply! I was hoping to avoid enb due to performance costs but I'll give it a shot.

No need to avoid using enb for performance reasons. If you don't want to lose performance just don't enable taxing effects. Enb also has this thing called enboost which can boost your frame rate by a notch so you'll get even more consistent and higher performance than without enb :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly, CrepusculeCraft

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.