Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MW2 mastereffect depth-based effects problem !

MW2 mastereffect depth-based effects problem ! 1 year 4 months ago #1

In the games tab i can see the mw2 has no problems its perfect but the only depth-based and some lightning effects not working.I'm enabling dof or ao but it only drops the fps nothing changes. And in the lightning settings bloom and lens dirt works fine but godrays and lens flare not working. Please help, i followed the mastereffect tutorial carefully but these are not working. I really need those ao and dof.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MW2 mastereffect depth-based effects problem ! 1 year 4 months ago #2

• Marty McFly
  • We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!
  • Thank you received: 716
Erdal wrote:
In the games tab i can see the mw2 has no problems its perfect but the only depth-based and some lightning effects not working.I'm enabling dof or ao but it only drops the fps nothing changes. And in the lightning settings bloom and lens dirt works fine but godrays and lens flare not working. Please help, i followed the mastereffect tutorial carefully but these are not working. I really need those ao and dof.

ReShade can't detect the depth buffer (that's needed for depth depending effects such as AO and DOF) in some games. Generally depth access is disabled in Multiplayer in any game to avoid exploitation. No Depth Buffer = no AO and DOF. The algorithms run but return no blur or occlusion, hence the fps drop.
The godrays and lensflare have a depth check option that checks if a ray/flare casting object is infinitely far away (such as sun) to avoid bright walls etc cast flares. If you enable that and there is no Depth Buffer available, flares and godrays are gone.

MW2 mastereffect depth-based effects problem ! 1 year 4 months ago #3

so there is no solution ?