Adding video to offline preview

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by fuze Adding video to offline preview was created by fuze
So as the title says, what would be cool is adding already recorded video to offline preview and adding a export option.

The main porpuse of this would be for making video edits with multiplayer games like CS:GO (and other multiplayer games) where the user can provide a depth and a color pass as a video material.

Also adding depth effects for this video offline preview would be cool so we can get the sweet depth depended effects :)

Hope this is possible and you will consider my idea.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by fuze. Reason: Adding some minor info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic Adding video to offline preview
I am sorry to bump this, but I would really like to hear from someone if this is possible and will/could it be implemented.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Adding video to offline preview
I will answer the question including the depth buffer in videos for you.

Is it possible?
Probably so!

Is it feasible?
Definitely not! ;)

Including a video player might be possible but adding custom and still accurate depth data to each frame is a completely different thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fuze

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic Adding video to offline preview
Ah, I guess I am going to wait for the depth effects in Mediator, and save every frame as a picture, and than "glue" them toghether again...

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Adding video to offline preview
I will look into the support of a video player in the new tool though I am not sure I will come considering codec dependencies and similar. Time will tell ;)

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #6 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Adding video to offline preview
How about exploiting an external player for that? Grabbing the screen output of any player.
Oh btw, VLC can have openGL output, maybe one can install ReShade on VLC media player o.O
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.

• SiriusHours
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #7 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic Adding video to offline preview
I have actually used, avid(Studio, Pinnacle Studio and Media Composer) along with Reshade for post processing, I then go fullscreen and record with shadowplay. once I finalize a gradient or just plain messing with the shaders. Its buggy as hell but once full screen its fine. Need to toggle on the effects off/on sometimes but as marty said. VLC is also very useful ;) You could always accomadate scenes with whatever it is you want, go into VLC and playback fullscreen and shadowplay that shiittt haha. Then go back into the edit with the processed footage.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by SiriusHours.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Adding video to offline preview
There seems to be a VLC control for WPF to use their codec capabilities.

github.com/ZeBobo5/Vlc.DotNet

However, question remains to where the actual rendering will happen, since we want to load the ReShade binaries into our tool. I'll see when I come to that point ;)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Ganossa.

• fuze
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic Adding video to offline preview
Well yeah I know about the VLC player and ReShade but what I was really hoping about the depth function (depth as a video provided), because I have tried re-creating some of the effects in After Effects and only "good" looking one is the DOF, AO is reaaally slow and the RBM kind of effect... Impossible... Making this in a 3D program would be easy I guess but even an actual AO pass from Cinema 4D takes atleast 10 seconds per frame to render and it doesn't look much different then the real-time one we get with ReShade.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Adding video to offline preview
ReShade won't get a video capture feature, so I don't see where this is helpful in the offline preview, as the same can be achieved with external video players (as suggested).

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago #11 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Adding video to offline preview
@fuze,
For normal movies you can consider that impossible.
For game recordings that is theoretically possible but would have restrictions when done with only shader.

@crosire,
I agree that playing a normal video with ReShade effects could also be done by a usual video player.
Though there might be a "video" preview solution other than that which at least I would find useful.
Recording of such a feature would of course still have to be done by another program such as MSI Afterburner.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.