Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSAO bleeding

SSAO bleeding 1 year 10 months ago #1

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1388
Welcome!

I have some ideas on how I could implement a generic HUD/Menu detection algorithm in the future, which could be used to avoid rendering effects on it.
Right now I'm more focused on getting rid of the compatibility issues with the games left making trouble though. Hope that's alright =)
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, CryZENx

SSAO bleeding 1 year 10 months ago #2

• Nekrik
  • Thank you received: 29
Crosire, maybe in the future if we could trace the PS and VS shader calls and try to find ourselves the game corresponding HUD PS / VS hashes like in Gedosato . Is this even possible or not ?

SSAO bleeding 1 year 10 months ago #3

• robgrab
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
I have some ideas on how I could implement a generic HUD/Menu detection algorithm in the future, which could be used to avoid rendering effects on it.

GeDoSaTo has a method of applying shaders that don't affect the HUD. He wrote an ARTICLE on PC Gamer a while ago about how to do it. I tried it for the remake of Flashback and it worked! Would it be possible for ReShade to use a similar method?
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by robgrab.

SSAO bleeding 1 year 10 months ago #4

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1388
robgrab wrote:
GeDoSaTo has a method of applying shaders that don't affect the HUD. He wrote an ARTICLE on PC Gamer a while ago about how to do it. I tried it for the remake of Flashback and it worked! Would it be possible for ReShade to use a similar method?
As I wrote, I'm well aware of how GeDoSaTo does it, but I prefer to create an automatic algorithm, which finds the best place for rendering the post processing effects, without the need to manually find a shader hash for every game.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by crosire.