D3D7 support

• paxton676
More
7 years 8 months ago #21 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic D3D7 support
The dgvoodoo 2 works great. I have confirmed Reshade working with "Black & White", "Shadow Man", and C&C generals/Zero Hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago #22 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic D3D7 support
Is that a d3d7 wrapper?

• lowenz
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #23 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic D3D7 support
In fact Crosire can remove the D3D8 support from ReShade and maximize the compatibility with dgvoodoo2 (DXGI).
dgVoodoo2 can wrap DX1-8 calls to D3D11 feature level 10.0/10.1.

For the greater good ( :D ) a perfect match between ReShade and dgVoodoo2 would be awesome.
dgVoodoo2 can run perfectly "impossible" games like Pandora Tomorrow (yes, Dege solved the shadowbuffer bug with today hardware, and in SC1 too).
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by lowenz.

• lowenz
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #24 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic D3D7 support
SCPT + shadowbuffer shadows working (with a nice filtering thanks to Dege) + ReShade on top :)

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

• acknowledge
More
7 years 8 months ago #25 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic D3D7 support
Any tutorial on how to use dgVoodoo2 together with reshade? I'm totally confused.

• brussell
More
7 years 8 months ago #26 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic D3D7 support
Just rename ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll and put in the same folder where you put your dgvoodoo files.

• lowenz
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #27 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic D3D7 support
Yes.

Maybe Dege (dgVoodoo2 author) will add in future the possibility to directly hooking ReShade32.dll without any manual renaming operation.

• drv30
More
7 years 6 months ago #28 by drv30 Replied by drv30 on topic D3D7 support

brussell wrote: Just rename ReShade32.dll to dxgi.dll and put in the same folder where you put your dgvoodoo files.

What is all this? I've never had to do any of this renaming for any of my games including old ones.

Does anybody know how I can apply reshade over DXGL?
I know you guys seem to live vgVoodoo2 but it isnt working for me for a particular game it seems. I wanted to try VXGL with reshade despite vgVoodoo2 being considered superior.

I see that DXGL keeps the ddraw.dll files without chaching them to a opengl32.dll, should I rename the ddraw to opengl23.dll then apply the reshade on opengl mode?

On a separate question: I also dont get why for medal of honor allied assault (a direct x 8 game) we cant just apply a dx8-dx9 wrapper and then apply reshade, instead of converting the game to opengl via engine command then using GLDirect5 to allow installation of reshade. is everything just some sorta haphazard dll combination crapshoot or is there actually a good reason for all this conversion-reconversion.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #29 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic D3D7 support
With Reshade 3.0 you can forget about all that complicated nonsense.

Installation instructions for games pre DirectX 9 are as follows:
  1. Download and install dgVoodoo2 (Google is your friend here. This will translate the game to DirectX 11)
  2. Download and install ReShade 3.0 to your game and select "Direct3D 10+" during installation.
  3. Profit!

• drv30
More
7 years 6 months ago #30 by drv30 Replied by drv30 on topic D3D7 support

crosire wrote: With Reshade 3.0 you can forget about all that complicated nonsense.

Installation instructions for games pre DirectX 9 are as follows:

1. Download and install dgVoodoo2 (Google is your friend here. This will translate the game to DirectX 11)
  2. Download and install ReShade 3.0 to your game and select "Direct3D 10+" during installation.
  3. Profit!

Is it possible to do this with DXGL? Voodoo is not working with my game (Rainbow Six Rogue Spear)

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #31 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic D3D7 support
Sure, works the same, only you need to install ReShade with "OpenGL" selected, not "Direct3D 10+".

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.