Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer

• Moiker
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by Moiker Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer was created by Moiker
Hello Guys,
First of all I Really enjoy the new Reshade 3.0, It's greater than ever. Really fantastic.

I need to know now if there's a way to game Modders like me can share the effects settings with other people without a need to proceed a fully injector installation, with a profile creation. As a Modder, I have being a lot of work to share my presets with the ordinary gamer (not modder), most of people just want to enjoy the final result, if you know what I mean. The hole concept of this new interface doesn't need to change, of coarse, the interface thing its great by the way. I know that its not a really big deal to install Reshade 3.0, but a lot of people just want to throw some files in the games directories to install a MOD and get right away the final result to play.

So for that reason, I need to know if there's a way to change the instructions in dxgi.ini file to simplify the installation for these people. like I sad, they just need to throw a pack of files to the game directories to get the installation done, usually those files bellow:
dxgi.ini, dxgi.dll, profile.ini and reshade-shaders folder (content the shadders).

The main Idea here is that the dxgi.ini don't need to read hole file directories (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\steamapps\common\game\game.exe), because that changes to player to player, instead, this new command line reads/search for the profile.ini and dxgi.dll files were the dxgi.ini are located to load the the app inside the game, everything else staying the same.

Thanks to all developers !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer
What I could do is to make the setup tool automatically install a preset file if found or something like that. But I'd prefer if users download ReShade from this website and even more important to not download the shader files prepacked by somebody else, but via the setup tool to avoid licensing issues.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moiker

• Moiker
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by Moiker Replied by Moiker on topic Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer
Hello Crosire,

I understand, I totally agree with you.
If you come up with a solution please let me know.

Maybe You can think in a way that the community could easily share the profile.ini with other people, just think in all the people that will use this tool, if the processes get too complicated, the common user will eventually give up.

My idea is that the final user can run the installation easily in just few steps, something like this:
Running ReShade_Setup (download in the official reshade site), pointing the game directories to the installator download the necessary files and shaders, and finally just copying a profile setting profile.ini (create by a modder and download in a game forum) to the game directories and that's it.

Thanks.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Moiker.

• Bloody Eugene
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by Bloody Eugene Replied by Bloody Eugene on topic Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer
I confirm that's a mess for external users to install Reshade mods.
I ended up using my own mods only for myself.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Bloody Eugene.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer
It's actually pretty easy:
1. Install ReShade
2. Put preset .ini file in game folder
3. Start game and select it from the preset list (ReShade adds all presets it finds automatically)

• Moiker
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by Moiker Replied by Moiker on topic Reshade3.0 - installation package for final gamer
Yeah, I agreed, now we just need to drop the profile.ini with the other files, and the gamer just need to select from a list, pretty easy indeed.

Just a observation, the Tutorial option maybe could stay together in the profile file or be optional, just because sometimes could mess this simple procedure that you mentioned. That's because in the first time after installation is needed to create e new profile and press some buttons to complete the tutorial, if this could be optional, the final gamer just skip this, trow some files there, select the profile and that's it.

Anyway, thanks for the improvements !

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.