Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Screenshot support for "back buffer format 24"

Screenshot support for "back buffer format 24" 1 year 8 months ago #1

Currently it is not possible (you will get an empty file as a result) to capture screenshots with ReShade because of:

WARN | Screenshots are not supported for back buffer format 24.

Please can you do something about it? :blush: For example new Mass Effect Andromeda is affected by this problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Screenshot support for "back buffer format 24" 1 year 8 months ago #2

The game has a interesting option for setting depth to either compressed (32-bits, 8-bit color?) or half (64-bits, 10-bit color?) which I'm guessing is what could be causing this, I don't know of many games that allow this to be altered besides Mass Effect and Alien Isolation (Deep Color, support for 10b-bit instead of 8) and I'm assuming it won't really do much for most users since they're either on 8-bit panels or 8+2 FRC "10-bit" panels though there are native 10-bit displays too now along with the TV HDR displays outputting 12 or even 16-bit color depth or how to describe it, I'm no expert on how it all works but color accuracy and clarity along with support for HDR (Game is the first to support Dolby Atmos as well.) and also a reduction of color banding.

Needs a actual compatible display though, there is a difference between 6+2 "8-bit" 8-bit, 8+2 "10-bit" and native 10-bit eh I'm probably making it complicated. :D

DirectX 11.x color and depth buffer formats and all that.
(Deep color or what not, also probably the 24-bit and 30-bit BCT D3D10+ texture formats and all that.)

Anyway toggling that might be worth trying if ReShade does not support this format, yet?

EDIT:
D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5 = 24,

That perhaps?
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows...SPPError=-2147217396
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by JBeckman.

Screenshot support for "back buffer format 24" 1 year 8 months ago #3

Game uses a 10 bit per color channel format (DXGI_FORMAT_R10G10B10A2_UNORM = 24). Since most image formats store data in 8 bit per channel, this would need conversion first, which ReShade does not currently do and as such errors.
Cheers, crosire =)

Screenshot support for "back buffer format 24" 1 year 8 months ago #4

Well i found a way to make screenshots in Andromeda with MSI Afterburner on top of ReShade, but one overlay on top of another is a really good way to corrupt something in the process... :pinch:

Screenshot support for "back buffer format 24" 1 year 7 months ago #5

NotSoSweet wrote:
Well i found a way to make screenshots in Andromeda with MSI Afterburner on top of ReShade, but one overlay on top of another is a really good way to corrupt something in the process... :pinch:

I have used Afterburner (framerate limiting + screenshots) and ReShade together in many games and never had any problem with that combination.