Please add restore default settings feature

More
3 years 11 months ago #1 by Dwill0328
Is there really no way to restore settings to their default values? When i am trying to adjust parameters in reshade, i have to write down the default value on a piece of paper. This is annoying.

The old versions showed the default value in the description

I think you should be able to right click a value or press something on the parameter to restore it to its default value

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #2 by Insomnia
Replied by Insomnia on topic Please add restore default settings feature
The default value for an effect can be found in the shader itself.
For example:

uniform float ReinhardLinearSlope <
ui_type = "drag";
ui_min = 1.0; ui_max = 5.0;
ui_tooltip = "how steep the color curve is at linear point";
> = 1.250; <--- This is the shader's default value.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Insomnia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #3 by Citizenkane
Replied by Citizenkane on topic Please add restore default settings feature
I completely agree. While I'm aware the default values are in the shader file, it would be nice to have a reset button inside the GUI.

Right now, the easiest way I've found to reset values to their default is to simply delete my preset. This works during testing, but as I get close to finalizing my settings (after a number of tweaks) that's no longer an option.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Citizenkane.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman
Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Please add restore default settings feature

Citizenkane wrote: Right now, the easiest way I've found to reset values to their default is to simply delete my preset. This works during testing, but as I get close to finalizing my settings (after a number of tweaks) that's no longer an option.

Why not just delete the one shader entry from your preset?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #5 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic Please add restore default settings feature
When adding a new config, ReShade seems to reuse the current set values. I often create consecutive configuration for each change I do so I have a history of changes. If I misconfigure stuff, I can just delete the current ini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #6 by Citizenkane
Replied by Citizenkane on topic Please add restore default settings feature

FierySwordswoman wrote:

Citizenkane wrote: Right now, the easiest way I've found to reset values to their default is to simply delete my preset. This works during testing, but as I get close to finalizing my settings (after a number of tweaks) that's no longer an option.

Why not just delete the one shader entry from your preset?

Marty McFly wrote: When adding a new config, ReShade seems to reuse the current set values. I often create consecutive configuration for each change I do so I have a history of changes. If I misconfigure stuff, I can just delete the current ini.


These suggestions make a lot more sense. Much more efficient. :dry:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Citizenkane.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.