Please add restore default settings feature

2 years 11 months ago #1 by Dwill0328
Is there really no way to restore settings to their default values? When i am trying to adjust parameters in reshade, i have to write down the default value on a piece of paper. This is annoying.

The old versions showed the default value in the description

I think you should be able to right click a value or press something on the parameter to restore it to its default value

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2 by Insomnia
The default value for an effect can be found in the shader itself.
For example:

uniform float ReinhardLinearSlope <
ui_type = "drag";
ui_min = 1.0; ui_max = 5.0;
ui_tooltip = "how steep the color curve is at linear point";
> = 1.250; <--- This is the shader's default value.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #3 by Citizenkane
I completely agree. While I'm aware the default values are in the shader file, it would be nice to have a reset button inside the GUI.

Right now, the easiest way I've found to reset values to their default is to simply delete my preset. This works during testing, but as I get close to finalizing my settings (after a number of tweaks) that's no longer an option.

2 years 10 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman

Citizenkane wrote: Right now, the easiest way I've found to reset values to their default is to simply delete my preset. This works during testing, but as I get close to finalizing my settings (after a number of tweaks) that's no longer an option.

Why not just delete the one shader entry from your preset?

2 years 10 months ago #5 by Marty McFly
When adding a new config, ReShade seems to reuse the current set values. I often create consecutive configuration for each change I do so I have a history of changes. If I misconfigure stuff, I can just delete the current ini.

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #6 by Citizenkane

FierySwordswoman wrote:

Citizenkane wrote: Right now, the easiest way I've found to reset values to their default is to simply delete my preset. This works during testing, but as I get close to finalizing my settings (after a number of tweaks) that's no longer an option.

Why not just delete the one shader entry from your preset?

Marty McFly wrote: When adding a new config, ReShade seems to reuse the current set values. I often create consecutive configuration for each change I do so I have a history of changes. If I misconfigure stuff, I can just delete the current ini.

These suggestions make a lot more sense. Much more efficient. :dry: