Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 3 weeks ago #1

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIASING) B)
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by francentu3456.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 3 weeks ago #2

Have you implemented it or do you want someone to implement it??

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 3 weeks ago #3

To me considering it's TXAA it's pretty clearly a request to add said feature to ReShade.

Unfortunately as a Gameworks API library it's not quite that simple and the effect also works with MSAA and far as I know requires per-game specific implementation.
The other earlier temporal AA solution known as SMAA T2X might be doable if ReShade could reliably get some of the data needed from how I understood discussions around that but it wouldn't be easy and perhaps it wouldn't even be viable as a generic global function.
(SMAA 2X, S2X and 4X requires even more and are probably not achievable at all.)

I'm not too skilled on the actual tech requirements for this myself though, grabbing certain buffer data, access to previous frames and so on, FXAA and SMAA(1x) is probably as good as it's going to get until someone writes something better. (Intel experimented with a variant called CMAA I believe but not too sure how that went.)

Even if the shader code could somehow be taken and implemented you'd still need Nvidia's license terms as it's a Gameworks effect similar to e.g HBAO+ which I believe has also popped up in a few requests although there are some pretty solid AO shaders available by now. :)

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 2 weeks ago #4

I'm curious if Temporal SMAA is possible. Motion Blur uses previous frames to produce blur.
Would it be possible to apply temporal SMAA with this technique? :)

Like I said I'm just curious.

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 2 weeks ago #5

The silence here makes me think it's impossible. :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Exilium

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 2 weeks ago #6

Motion blur just naively blends current with previous color data. AA techniques need the exact positions of objects in previous frames to exactly reconstruct where a pixel was before. This can only work with some matrices (depends on what you want to reconstruct, view pos or world pos) that ReShade can't access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Insomnia, RogueFactor

Implemented in ReShade TXAA 4x (TEMPORAL ANTI-ALIA 1 year 2 weeks ago #7

From what I saw there was code on github for an OpenGL implementation of TXAA but it looks very hackish especially on ATi cards.

gist.github.com/bagobor/6452933

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

A little off-topic, but as I watched the Physx portion of this video. When they paused the video to show off the smoke effects from the gun fire in combat, I immediately thought their demo was lagging. xD
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by RogueFactor. Reason: Forgot the URL